5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galaxy S22 doesn't pair to uconnect

Curlymurt

Reaction score
S22 is terrible. It's probably just as much about the phone as it is Uconnect, but after pairing and failing intermittently ever since I bought the phone, it finally just gave up and neither device recognize each other. It's been this way for a couple of months. All other Bluetooth phones work, including my old S20.

Every now and then Android Auto will say Bluetooth failed, try to pair again. But not usually. Even through Android Auto, I can't make or receive calls over the car speakers... Apparently AA uses the Bluetooth feature for that.

Anyone have the same issue or find a solution? I've reset S22 network settings, cleared cache and data for Bluetooth, and any combo of them.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry. I've got an ipPhone XS Max and it has paired and worked flawlessly since day one. I hope I haven't jinxed it now.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the s22 and pairs fine, no issues in that regards.
Several other major complains yes but won't get into that.
Was force to upgrade phone plan and it came with the s22 as a throw in - Samsung and att had been awesome for me so it seem like a no brainer in a way but so far both are not performing to past standards

Curlymurt

Reaction score
My son ate my s20 and I might just get the screen repaired and sell the 22 for a loss... They've always been great until now.

Kevinch

Reaction score
I know this is late - you posted in October - but I have a Samsung S22 Ultra & it paired & connects seamlessly with my 8.4 non-nav 4 System. In fact, my radio was replaced twice under warranty (the first time the replacement was defective) & each time I had zero issues connecting my phone to the new unit.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
All good. I'm still trying to figure this out. It connects, sometimes. And when it does, 50% of the time it'll just loose Bluetooth signal in the middle of a call, or while it's just connected and not doing anything. Anywhere from 5 minutes or longer after connecting, typically. Then it's down for a few days or weeks before it syncs up again.

I've been changing Bluetooth settings via Developer Mode. I'm on version 1.4 using the SBC codec in hopes it'll work and stay connected.

I think it's likely the radio at this point. The screen keeps overlay images frequently when I switch from radio, or XM, or map, or Carplay (work phone), or reverse.. It's not supposed to do that. Or if it does, it shouldn't do it to the extent it does. Almost difficult to read the screen.

Loudram

Reaction score
I have a S22+ and my wireless Android Auto has worked flawlessly so far, however when I'm only connected to Uconnect via Bluetooth my phone will lose the Uconnect connection. The phone call is still happening just not through my speakers. It's kind of annoying. I'm thinking it's a Uconnect bug because I never had an issue with this phone in my '19 Classic with the 8.4" and the older version of Uconnect.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have an S22 Ultra, been the best phone I've ever had, pairs flawlessly and super reliable with my truck. I even added a wireless dongle and it's never had a disconnection.

Try these 3 things, first use a new cable. I've found that majority of connection issues is the cord, even if your old phone is connecting fine, maybe there is something your new phone doesn't like with that cable.

Unpair your phone to Uconnect and then uninstall and reinstall Android Auto to your phone. Finally try to connect them again. If this doesn't work, I would call Samsung customer service and schedule for service/warranty.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Bluetooth 1.6, 1.5, 1.4 haven't helped. Codecs I haven't changed much.

I've uninstalled AA and reinstalled it. I've reset the radio to the point it redownload maps and software drivers. It's not even always trying to be connected to AA. Bluetooth screws up. Sometimes if I'm hardwired with AA, the phone controls stop working between the car and phone. The screen basically freezes. Or drops the call. Or transfers it to the phone ear piece. Heck, once my truck screen showed I was in the call, still counting seconds/minutes, but the other side had hung up. I couldn't use the radio or anything.

Now the iPhone doesn't work on Carplay ALL the time, too. It does mostly. Add that to the other stuff mentioned and I think it's the head unit.

I don't remember exactly what it is was, but when I got this new phone it still had all of the old settings from my S20 because it all transferred over. I didn't change my Bluetooth connection info or phone name or something that I think confused the radio. Now the radio wigs out constantly and I can't typically make it through a wireless Bluetooth call without it dropping off and searching for a Bluetooth connection to a phone.

I could be giving the S22 a bad rap... I haven't solved it yet but my feeling is head unit now.

Loudram

Reaction score
I did unpair and repair my phone. I haven't tried it since I did that. I'll report back if it works or not. I'm thinking it's a Uconnect bug as well.

Kevinch

Reaction score
Do you have a significant other, or a friend, who you can get together with for a day & see if their phone connects reliably with your unit? If that phone maintains a reliable connection - or it doesn't - you'll know which direction to go.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Do you have a significant other, or a friend, who you can get together with for a day & see if their phone connects reliably with your unit? If that phone maintains a reliable connection - or it doesn't - you'll know which direction to go.
I tested this out with my work phone. Worked all day without dropping off of Bluetooth. I'm moving during the days so it was at least a couple of hours connected, off and on.

On the flip side, I tried AA after work on my hour drive. A call came in, but connected to my watch. Immediately after the call, got the litany of errors like DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED and INITIALIZING BLUETOOTH but ultimately failing to connect to AA, just Bluetooth, or Carplay.

I just need A) Bluetooth to work in some manner or B) AA to make calls without needing Bluetooth, like Carplay. AA works, but the calls [sometimes] don't because Bluetooth connection fails with Android or S22.

Attachments

• 20230105_170645.jpg
    20230105_170645.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230105_172243.jpg
    20230105_172243.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230105_170226_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_170226_Settings.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10

Curlymurt

Reaction score
It worked with Carplay, until it didn't. I confirmed today that it's the head unit losing Bluetooth. Carplay worked all day long, but I tried to switch to just Bluetooth at one point and gave me the same messages as the Android.

That solves that part of it. Now what to actually do about the head unit?

Jlr6986

Reaction score
Turn on "Airplane Mode" on your S22 handset, then wait about 10 seconds. Turn off "Airplane Mode"....doing this resets wireless connections, so it should work after this. Hope this helps!

Kevinch

Reaction score
It worked with Carplay, until it didn't. I confirmed today that it's the head unit losing Bluetooth. Carplay worked all day long, but I tried to switch to just Bluetooth at one point and gave me the same messages as the Android.

That solves that part of it. Now what to actually do about the head unit?
If you are convinced it's the head unit, (assuming you are out-of-warranty) you either find someone to troubleshoot & repair, replace, or live with it. As for replacing, you could try to find a used unit. If not, Infotainment.com sells them new but at $1700 they aren't cheap. It sucks - good luck.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I talked with UConnect and they got me squared away with a soft reset a couple days ago. They said only the dealer can do a hard reset. I haven't used it much in the last couple but I'll be focusing on it again this coming week to see if there's any change.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I talked with UConnect and they got me squared away with a soft reset a couple days ago. They said only the dealer can do a hard reset. I haven't used it much in the last couple but I'll be focusing on it again this coming week to see if there's any change.
Well, it was a short lived experiment. By 9am Monday I had a confident answer that it's the head unit. I have an appointment with the dealer 1/30 to see what they can do.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
S22 is terrible. It's probably just as much about the phone as it is Uconnect, but after pairing and failing intermittently ever since I bought the phone, it finally just gave up and neither device recognize each other. It's been this way for a couple of months. All other Bluetooth phones work, including my old S20.

Every now and then Android Auto will say Bluetooth failed, try to pair again. But not usually. Even through Android Auto, I can't make or receive calls over the car speakers... Apparently AA uses the Bluetooth feature for that.

Anyone have the same issue or find a solution? I've reset S22 network settings, cleared cache and data for Bluetooth, and any combo of them.
I've got the Samsung 22+ and it paired, but initially it took longer than it should have.

Haven't seen it drop connection yet.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another S22 user here, it's worked flawlessly in my 9 months of ownership. I have the 8 inch non-nav and frequently switch between using bluetooth and a cable for google maps.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input in trying to troubleshoot. It was exactly the same time as I switched phones that I started having these issues, but the dealer confirmed today that there's a defect in the radio unit. There's not a piece of software that can fix it so I'm staring at $12xx to replace it by the dealer. It's the 8.4 nav.

There only two options that I can see: 1) buy a second hand (which I'm guessing needs to be married to the vehicle by the dealer) or 2) buy the 13.6" from Phoenix Automotive. For the price, I'm obviously leaning towards option 2 because it's $700 for a huge, but there's quirks with it that I'm not sure about yet.

Users who are viewing this thread