5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Ram 1500

VanIslandRam

Reaction score
I was actually a member a couple of years ago and found this site a great resource before I purchased my ram. I acquired my 2019 in Dec of 2018 and had it now just over 2 years. Very happy with the truck and now thinking about acquiring another down the road.

Has there been any future news of taking the engine from the TRX and creating more of a street version.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was actually a member a couple of years ago and found this site a great resource before I purchased my ram. I acquired my 2019 in Dec of 2018 and had it now just over 2 years. Very happy with the truck and now thinking about acquiring another down the road.

Has there been any future news of taking the engine from the TRX and creating more of a street version.
No, but there has been talk of taking the TRX and putting in a downgraded engine (maybe a 6.4L HEMI) and selling it for $10-$12K less than the current TRX with the Supercharger. I think RAM will have huge success if they can get the starting price of the TRX down $10-$12K as, most folks, really don't want or need the Hellcat engine.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With a new sheriff in town I'm guessing that things that burn fossil fuels will be very politically incorrect, and likely out of favor in the market.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.

Rexx

Reaction score
I’m thinking the next big update for the 1500s engine will be an electric version. When? I have no idea but I don’t doubt they’re working on the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread