5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future mods.

Big Z

Reaction score
Good afternoon All,

I’m looking to increase horsepower in my Rebel. I currently have CAI, TBS, and cat back. I plan to install headers with a down pipe and purchase a hand tuner. Besides that what else would be a bolt on/moderate install option to increase power ? I’m just curious. Looking forward to all and any advice

(Don’t have the time or energy to invest in. Pro charger at the moment)

Big Z

Reaction score
Here’s a couple pictures …

Attachments

• BD3BF42F-D908-425D-8256-51B141B7E7E9.jpeg
    BD3BF42F-D908-425D-8256-51B141B7E7E9.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2141.jpeg
    IMG_2141.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 49

Big Z

Reaction score
You could go but you’ll have to either switch or modify your cai and your gonna wanna tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Question bro. The item description for the intake manifold description says : “ *This manifold will not work with the stock 5.7 cold air intake kits. You are welcome to build your own intake, use the optional Legmaker 4" Carbon Fiber short Ram intake. “ . I’ve got a rough country CAI . Would this work or will I need to get the 4” Ram intake ? I’m guessing intakes that fit the 5.7 manifold are 3” in circumference? Thanks again man ..

Also if I was to get a ported throttle body can I still use my throttle body spacer, or would that need to be ported to ? (If that’s even possible)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TB spacer does nothing for you anyways. Get rid of it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question bro. The item description for the intake manifold description says : “ *This manifold will not work with the stock 5.7 cold air intake kits. You are welcome to build your own intake, use the optional Legmaker 4" Carbon Fiber short Ram intake. “ . I’ve got a rough country CAI . Would this work or will I need to get the 4” Ram intake ? I’m guessing intakes that fit the 5.7 manifold are 3” in circumference? Thanks again man ..

Also if I was to get a ported throttle body can I still use my throttle body spacer, or would that need to be ported to ? (If that’s even possible)
The 6.4 manifold has a different TB orientation, so you will need an intake designed for the 6.4, not the 5.7

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon All,

I’m looking to increase horsepower in my Rebel. I currently have CAI, TBS, and cat back. I plan to install headers with a down pipe and purchase a hand tuner. Besides that what else would be a bolt on/moderate install option to increase power ? I’m just curious. Looking forward to all and any advice

(Don’t have the time or energy to invest in. Pro charger at the moment)
TB spacer does nothing for you anyways. Get rid of it.

Agree. Pull the TB spacer out, and you will probably have better performance. They are useless on a fuel injected vehicle.

Big Z

Reaction score
Appreciate it all. So next mod will be the 6.4 manifold with a new intake. I’ll be tossing the TBS. I’ll let you know how it all goes .

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember your going to need a tune don’t think you’ll be able to swap to the 6.4 and everything going to work just fine.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Remember your going to need a tune don’t think you’ll be able to swap to the 6.4 and everything going to work just fine.

It’s is possible to use it without a tune. There is a kit to use spacers. For your injectors. I got my 6.4 manifold in yesterday and it is a noticeable mod

Big Z

Reaction score
It’s is possible to use it without a tune. There is a kit to use spacers. For your injectors. I got my 6.4 manifold in yesterday and it is a noticeable mod

How long did the install take ? And what did you notice in difference ? Sound, power ?

Users who are viewing this thread