5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Ford vehicles will repossess themselves

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a 1990 Cummins W350 with a 5 speed about 10 years ago, should have never let it go. It was immune from everything, from EMP to the EPA

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sort of like how insurance companies are trending toward using a driver's smartphone GPS and an app to track their driving. They can see your speed, location, miles driven, everything. They then use that information to set your premiums or in extreme cases cancel your policy. Right now it's typically optional, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go mandatory in the future. Which basically means the hobby of sporty muscle cars like Chargers and Mustangs and Camaros will effectively end, and even guys who drive trucks will have to watch where they go and what they do with their trucks.

Oh so you were late to work last Tuesday and were running 89 in a 70 MPH zone huh? We're going to have to charge you for that....

In 1998 at the beginning of mainstream internet as we know it, my old grandfather told me that "computers (technology) is going to be the end of the world." Turns out he wasn't a crazy old man afterall.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sort of like how insurance companies are trending toward using a driver's smartphone GPS and an app to track their driving. They can see your speed, location, miles driven, everything. They then use that information to set your premiums or in extreme cases cancel your policy. Right now it's typically optional, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go mandatory in the future. Which basically means the hobby of sporty muscle cars like Chargers and Mustangs and Camaros will effectively end, and even guys who drive trucks will have to watch where they go and what they do with their trucks.

Oh so you were late to work last Tuesday and were running 89 in a 70 MPH zone huh? We're going to have to charge you for that....

In 1998 at the beginning of mainstream internet as we know it, my old grandfather told me that "computers (technology) is going to be the end of the world." Turns out he wasn't a crazy old man afterall.
It's not the computers that will end the world, it's the people making\controlling them.
Technology is not evil (not counting AI).

Also Ram already tracks your speed location, and in the future could probably be convinced to give that information away, no smartphone needed.

Users who are viewing this thread