5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future DIY Mod Ideas

John

Reaction score
For those interested, Console Vault said they'd be releasing a safe for our trucks around September and AMP said the PowerSteps will be available after SEMA.
I just ordered a Locker Down Vault for my '19 Limited!

John

pber1

Reaction score
Love this thread. How could you get a new truck and not want to change it immediately am I right?

I want to figure out if the BigHorn’s non-reclining rear seats can be modded to recline with the addition or modification of parts.

Air compressor is a great idea, but I’ll just plop one in my 115v powered Rambox! When it gets here...

Would love to see some creativity with the Hemi hood badge.

1AAuto power fold tow mirrors whenever they come out (I like the OEM tow mirrors except they don’t power fold! So I kept the Level 1/2 power folding mirrors just for the wiring and logic so I could easily swap them later. Added tow brake controller option.

Premium aftermarket leather for my BigHorn... no offense but I thought the Laramie leather was underwhelming and blended vinyl w leather too much. Limited premium leather is probably thicker/nicer? A 2018 I tested had nicer leather than the 2019 Laramies I drove, so I went w the BigHorn Level 2.

Replacement sub if “necessary” :D... hopefully that old Pioneer still fits right in. Other speakers as needed after I try things out, some good tips out ther for the Alpine 9 speaker system as long as they haven’t changed things up.

DARK tint on my pano sunroof to keep things cool. Slight tint on fronts since I live in RI... 70% (n) hopefully there are coatings that let visible light through but still hold out the heat. Any recommendations?

Edit: Not really “mods” but OEM weatherproof mats. Also OEM chrome tow hooks look cool and maybe I’ll have to pull a tooth, open a difficult bag of chips sometime, move furniture in our living room, etc...
Did you end up tinting the front 70%, if so can you post pics? I have an appointment next Wednesday to tint my windows 18% over the rear stock tint then 70% ceramic for the front sides and windshield.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you end up tinting the front 70%, if so can you post pics? I have an appointment next Wednesday to tint my windows 18% over the rear stock tint then 70% ceramic for the front sides and windshield.
Sorry no, not yet since the NE winters aren’t inspiring me to cool off the cab much :p but there are lots of others who have posted their tinting results on the site.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
my list

Mopar slush mats - cheaper and fit real nice - done
Amp Reasearch plug and play Power Steps - bought, need to install on a nice day
Access Limited cover for the back, after the sprayed in bedliner
filter replace - bought green filter
oil catch can install - bought ebay

Users who are viewing this thread