5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone has the right to free speech, but that doesn't mean others have to provide the platform. If Peacock doesn't want to air it, it's within their rights to remove it. Same goes for this forum.
Yep, totally agree.

In general and not responding specifically to Eighty, I don’t believe there is any true speech on the internet if you don’t own everything you’re communicating over. I will use two cups and a string for this example, with the cups being servers, the string being either satellites or land wires, and mouths being laptops. If a person owns cup A, cup B, and the string to connect them, then they can control all mouth communications from cup A to Cup B. If the person thought “cups are too expensive and I want to use Amazon’s cups and string to talk over”, then that person is subject to their terms of service. This simple example kind of holds true for every communication that’s not owned end to end by an individual. Maybe carrier pigeons are a good idea.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Please don’t get this one shut down too.😡

Is it that hard to stay somewhat civil without crossing the line?

We all have political beliefs and it’s great to have somewhere to exercise them with like minded people. We don’t own these forums so those that run them have to maintain a certain level of civility. Being a moderator on another forum I totally understand that.

Attacking mods and the rules they make is a sure way to get banned. Is it really worth that? I like discussing current world events but my main reason for being here is for 5th Gen RAM discussions. Lets not lose sight of that.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Please don’t get this one shut down too.😡

Is it that hard to stay somewhat civil without crossing the line?

We all have political beliefs and it’s great to have somewhere to exercise them with like minded people. We don’t own these forums so those that run them have to maintain a certain level of civility. Being a moderator on another forum I totally understand that.

Attacking mods and the rules they make is a sure way to get banned. Is it really worth that? I like discussing current world events but my main reason for being here is for 5th Gen RAM discussions. Lets not lose sight of that.
I agree but the other thread was still civil and yet the admins apparently didn't like what was being posted so they shut it down. That was one of the most civil internet exchanges I've ever been a part of. Nobody got disrespectful with others that didn't share the same views and if they did the for the most part apologized for it

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree but the other thread was still civil and yet the admins apparently didn't like what was being posted so they shut it down. That was one of the most civil internet exchanges I've ever been a part of. Nobody got disrespectful with others that didn't share the same views and if they did the for the most part apologized for it
I'll quote the final post from that thread:
"This thread is therefore locked and further discussion by the few active members should be continued in private if necessary. Spillover into other forum topics will not be tolerated. Complaints or discussion regarding moderator actions regarding this will not be tolerated. If you don't like it, take it somewhere besides 5thgenrams.com."

You have a choice to make. Drop it, or go elsewhere.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
40 years ago I used to walk from my home with an uncased rifle on my shoulder across school property right past the school entrance to get to my hunting grounds bordering the school. Nobody thought twice about. These days if I tried that I’d be swarmed by the SWAT Team in military style vehicles and immediately taken down, maybe even shot. My how times have changed.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
40 years ago I used to walk from my home with an uncased rifle on my shoulder across school property right past the school entrance to get to my hunting grounds bordering the school. Nobody thought twice about. These days if I tried that I’d be swarmed by the SWAT Team in military style vehicles and immediately taken down, maybe even shot. My how times have changed.

Hell, we use to bring our .22 to school for the marksman club, Had a range in the basement.
And not one got shot!

Then the crap started in the 70's, Kid had his shotgun in the gun rack, in the pickup truck, some nervous Nelly called the cops, they wanted to know why he had a gun in his truck. Told them he was going hunting after school. They sent him home to put it away and come right back.
All downhill from there.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hell, we use to bring our .22 to school for the marksman club, Had a range in the basement.
And not one got shot!

Then the crap started in the 70's, Kid had his shotgun in the gun rack, in the pickup truck, some nervous Nelly called the cops, they wanted to know why he had a gun in his truck. Told them he was going hunting after school. They sent him home to put it away and come right back.
All downhill from there.
Crazy how different it is today. We had all our guns in our trucks at school, and didnt even lock the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread