5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Will see when it's time. I have changed a lot of oil on lots of machines. The Polaris rangers and rzrs were the worst even a oil udder would not help there.
I used my Oil Udder XL for the first time last oil change and didn’t lose a drop except what dripped off the mounting threads later. Worked great with a hose connected to the end and running into a pan or oil jug.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Looks like a knock off fumoto valve that doesn't have the nipple to attach a hose
Very similar, I chose this over the other after lots of reading. And they have "nipple' options to slide the hose to. I have a 90 and a straight. But i run the threaded cap when not changing the oil.
And the hose spring clamp is stiff enough, you likely won't be taking it off to move the lever to drain with your fingers that's for sure. But yes, very similar to one another. Either way, better than straight to the sway bar.

I grew tired of using a cardboard/flap to get around it. and since we have these on other machines and the elbow/nipples all interchange. Just made sense to spend the 20.00 or so for it.

I am running the PacBrake relocator as well. Worth every penny. No drop in PSI that I have noticed and holds just a touch more oil. Nothing to write home about on the added capacity though.

Dewey

Reaction score
Did an oil change today and noticed my front sway bar contacted the nipple on my Fumoto at some point. Not good!😲

Thought I had plenty of clearance with the short nipple.

IMG_0220.jpeg
IMG_0222.jpeg
I had it mounted vertical but now turned horizontal for even more clearance. Hopefully that fixed it.

BEFORE
IMG_0224.jpeg

AFTER
IMG_0225.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Did an oil change today and noticed my front sway bar contacted the nipple on my Fumoto at some point. Not good!😲

Thought I had plenty of clearance with the short nipple.

View attachment 172899
View attachment 172891
I had it mounted vertical but now turned horizontal for even more clearance. Hopefully that fixed it.

BEFORE
View attachment 172897

AFTER
View attachment 172898
that is why a lot of us went with this one

Dewey

Reaction score
that is why a lot of us went with this one

I saw some went with the longer tube valve. That one could really be an issue. Mine will be perfectly fine now that I oriented it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread