5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full screen backup camera 12.1 uconnect

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Purchased 7/25/18, new stereo unit on 9/7/18. Nav did not work from date of purchase and just gave the rolling 5 dots

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How do you know if an update has been sent?
It pops up on the screen and asks you if you want to install it 'now or later', along with instructions to keep the truck on while the update is being installed, etc.

Loki28

Reaction score
It pops up on the screen and asks you if you want to install it 'now or later', along with instructions to keep the truck on while the update is being installed, etc.
Good to know. Lol thanks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have never caught it in the middle of an OTA update. Do you know if it does it while shut off?
It pops up when you start the truck. Recommends you leave it on (ignition off though), but I have completely stopped mine and it resumed when I turned it back on, so YMMV.

Mkksat13

Reaction score
I have the 12.1 screen with standard back up camera. (Not surround) When I bought the truck a week ago the backup camera was full screen, now it’s half screen with controls screen below. How do I get it back to full screen?
I just took delivery of a new 2500. I had the full screen camera when I pushed the soft camera key. 2 weeks later, I only have a half camera screen and the bottom half is showing the controls options. Did you ever get yours to go back to a full screen??
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread