5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full screen backup camera 12.1 uconnect

Loki28

Reaction score
I have the 12.1 screen with standard back up camera. (Not surround) When I bought the truck a week ago the backup camera was full screen, now it’s half screen with controls screen below. How do I get it back to full screen?

maximus19

Reaction score
Really... mines always been half screen.. I’d like to know too..

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Add the backup camera to your lower tray. I have both surround/backup in lower tray to select. Should show up as full screen

Loki28

Reaction score
Add the backup camera to your lower tray. I have both surround/backup in lower tray to select. Should show up as full screen

I had the camera in the bottom tray, even tried to remove and add but still not full screen.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Have the screen in full mode instead of split before trying otherwise not sure. :unsure:

Loki28

Reaction score
Bottom tray doesn't even appear in rear camera mode anymore.

Attachments

• 20190728_203232.jpg
    20190728_203232.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 20190728_203237.jpg
    20190728_203237.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 219

jesse1908

Reaction score
I tried this and it didn’t work. Any idea what I’m missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarvinK

Reaction score
Seems like full screen would be problematic... because it's either going to stretch or crop the image. I do think it would be cool to have a screen where half is the camera, and the other half is sensors (like in the dashboard view) or 360 camera.

Loki28

Reaction score
I liked the full screen and would like to get it back. Does anyone know if uconnect can upload updates via the vehicles wifi?

RAMpage

Reaction score
Seems like full screen would be problematic... because it's either going to stretch or crop the image. I do think it would be cool to have a screen where half is the camera, and the other half is sensors (like in the dashboard view) or 360 camera.

Agreed. The camera itself can only show a fixed field of view, so making it full screen would basically mean cropping a huge chunk off the sides - or - severely distorting the image vertically.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I liked the full screen and would like to get it back. Does anyone know if uconnect can upload updates via the vehicles wifi?
Loki,
It uses its own receiver for OTA updates. Not vehicle’s Wi-Fi.

maximus19

Reaction score
Lower tray? You mean the icons at the bottom? If so mine is already there.. still half screen

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very early builds had an issue where the back up camera would display full screen, and also, trucks that were not prepped would display it this way as well. It's not supposed to be full screen, and if it is, you have a problem.

Loki28

Reaction score
Very early builds had an issue where the back up camera would display full screen, and also, trucks that were not prepped would display it this way as well. It's not supposed to be full screen, and if it is, you have a problem.

Ok that would make sense as my truck was early build. I recently created a uconnect account with it so would that allow it to update and change it from full screen to what it is now? And should the tray icons still show up along the bottom?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure on the relationship between the account and the updates. Honestly you shouldn't have left the dealer without the account being set up (it's on them, not you). The account setup is part of the prep for post sale, I'm pretty sure.

There should be Seven tray icons by default at the bottom row of the screen. From left to right: Media, Controls, Climate, Uconnect Apps, Navigation, Phone, Backup Camera.

You can drag and drop Uconnect Apps to any place you like on the bottom row, but Seven is the max you can have down there at any time.

Loki28

Reaction score
Not sure on the relationship between the account and the updates. Honestly you shouldn't have left the dealer without the account being set up (it's on them, not you). The account setup is part of the prep for post sale, I'm pretty sure.

There should be Seven tray icons by default at the bottom row of the screen. From left to right: Media, Controls, Climate, Uconnect Apps, Navigation, Phone, Backup Camera.

You can drag and drop Uconnect Apps to any place you like on the bottom row, but Seven is the max you can have down there at any time.
Ok so my system is not functioning properly. Going into the dealer Wednesday to see what they say.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
My build is from March ‘18 still waiting for any pushed updates from Uconnect

Users who are viewing this thread