5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full exhaust system vs Muffler swap.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
so the delete isn't as loud as the flowmaster? do you have a video by chance?
I'd say it'd be close to the same. If you're after loud as possible, delete the muffler, and the resonators in the tail pipes. Any exhaust shop should be able to do it fairly cheap. Or you could start with muffler delete, and leave the resonators. Then if you want louder remove them. But if you want loud, remove it all with straight pipes welded in. I do think the Borola systems sound good as well. I just think they're spendy for what you get.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Reaction score
I welded in a Super40 but left the resonators, still very nice and quiet for 80mph freeway cruising but now I can hear it around town. It is absolutely not loud. Mds sound doesn't bother me even a bit, just sounds like the motor is in crossplane crank mode haha. The cold start is definitely a bit noisier, but still a big improvement on my previous straight piped dizzle. If I got up a little bit later in the morning, I might have gone with the 44 for more bark.
so that option is less noisy than the outlaw series 15430?

mcp6530

Reaction score
I assume so, it's exactly what I wanted, I can hear the hemi but it's not fully antisocial. The outlaw is pretty loud by accounts I've read here.
yeah, i don't want to go quite as loud as the outlaw so was looking for something a little less - probably like your setup.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
yeah, i don't want to go quite as loud as the outlaw so was looking for something a little less - probably like your setup.
I don't think the outlaw is that loud leaving resonators in place, but then again I'm coming from straight piped diesel trucks. Maybe I'm just use to noise.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Reaction score
outlaw is too loud for what I'm looking for. 50 series delta seems a bit too quiet. Has anyone used the pro series which seems to fall right between the 40 and the 50 delta?

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
So anybody check out the FlowFX direct fit muffler, instead of the outlaw?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Could barely tell a difference between the FlowFX and stock.

RhondaRebel

Reaction score

I have it. I like it. Not too loud but I live in a neighborhood of row homes at the moment unfortunately and leaving for work before 7am made me go the “not so loud” route. For me stock was silent, adding this gave me the bit of noise I wanted. Can actually hear the truck running when it’s idling and hear it plenty when I remote start it down the street when I’m inside

mcp6530

Reaction score
I have it. I like it. Not too loud but I live in a neighborhood of row homes at the moment unfortunately and leaving for work before 7am made me go the “not so loud” route. For me stock was silent, adding this gave me the bit of noise I wanted. Can actually hear the truck running when it’s idling and hear it plenty when I remote start it down the street when I’m inside
sounds like exactly what i'm looking for also.

Jmmoore3

Reaction score
Agreed, I have the fx muffler welded in at my shop. I specifically wanted something moderate and not aggressive as I like my neighbors and wife and kids. It’s definitely louder at start up and moderate under acceleration but can come alive if you get heavy footed. Unlike chambered flowmasters it’s a straight through design like a manga flow so it gives a nice low rumble. I also kept stock resonators so I don’t have drone.

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
Agreed, I have the fx muffler welded in at my shop. I specifically wanted something moderate and not aggressive as I like my neighbors and wife and kids. It’s definitely louder at start up and moderate under acceleration but can come alive if you get heavy footed. Unlike chambered flowmasters it’s a straight through design like a manga flow so it gives a nice low rumble. I also kept stock resonators so I don’t have drone.

Ok, that sounds like exactly what I'd want. The Ram is my daily driver & I really don't want something too loud, just a slight increase to stock.

I already have a cammed C6 LS7 Vette with basically straight pipe that you can hear from blocks away & makes the radio useless. I'll crank that up on weekends when I feel like pissing off my neighbors. lol

RammyShand

Reaction score
I have the magnaflow full system on my Ram - I had a Borla XR1 (on an otherwise stock setup) on my last gen Rebel.

If you have neighbors you like or a wife you don't want to upset? Magnaflow's good! The full system has their big 22in muffler unit on it, it's a "mellow thundercloud" experience. It has gotten louder but sweetened over time - I'm happier with it now than I was when I had it installed. If you're thinking this might be neat, B2Fab I think uses magnaflow mufflers in their muffler swap setups.

For borla, the sound profile on a borla muffler is amazing, it really is. (It wasn't out yet when I got the magnaflow)
Not one male who heard my system complained. :ROFLMAO:
"I mean, yet, it's loud? but it sounds so good."
A tasteful, "truck"-like sound. Rumbles, growls, and when you floor it, it's a rock concert.
Cold-starts are almost addicting.
"BOOOOOOOOM, WHOM'WHOM'WHOM'WHOM'WHOM"

To me, I'd vote get the full system, pick your sound level desired. Hear that music that way Borla meant it to be heard.
Once every few months I consider putting a Borla touring system on the truck.
Magnaflow has done nothing wrong, I like the sound, I think an aftermarket exhaust is almost a must on these trucks and one of life's great pleasures. and I mean that.
I really like the magnaflow?
I loved the borla sound. Part of me misses it.

This is one of the most enjoyable post I've ever read.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Myself and many other guys are very happy with the Borla ProXS muffler listed in my signature! If you search the forums you’ll find plenty of sound clips. No drone, noticeably louder at start up, and if you get a decent rumble when you give it some gas. I jokingly consider it the “Gentleman’s exhaust”. I was just looking for something that let you know there was a Hemi under the hood. $200 for the muffler and install at my local shop.

Mb7640

Reaction score
I did the Flowmaster Outlaw direct muffler replacement in my 2021 hemi,took about 1.5 hours and did it myself. It sounds great! I think it's probably the best way to go for low cost, good sound and no droning.
Is this the one you put on? I have 2021 1500 warlock. 5.7l I have been looking at a bunch of websites and some say this fits and some say it does not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-081923_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-081923_Chrome.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20

Bobkid

Reaction score
Can't believe no one mentioned the Carven Competitor series. I put the cut & clamp muffler replacement on mine and love it. A bit of a bark on cold starts, but I don't have a close neighbor to complain. It helps that I also run the Edge Pulsar allows me to get rid of the MDS drone.

Users who are viewing this thread