5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Tank Size

srtdodge05

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
My bad, I was writing an article at the same time and my attention was divided. 26 gallon tank is standard in the configuration while the 33 gallon is optional.

The 23 Gallon is standard on HFE, V6 quad cabs and Hemi eTorque 4x4 Crew Cab Short beds on Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, and Laramie models.

The 33 Gallon is optional across the board with the exception of HFE and upcoming Reg cab short box trucks.
On the Bighorn Crew Cab short bed the V6 only has the 23 Gallon Tank with no other option. The Hemi also comes with the 23 Gallon tank but can be upgraded to the 33 Gallon. The Hemi with eTorque come with the 26 Gallon Tank with optional 33 Gallon.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
srtdodge05 said:
On the Bighorn Crew Cab short bed the V6 only has the 23 Gallon Tank with no other option. The Hemi also comes with the 23 Gallon tank but can be upgraded to the 33 Gallon. The Hemi with eTorque come with the 26 Gallon Tank with optional 33 Gallon.
(see attachment)

Unless things have changed the fuel tank sizing works as I've said above. One odd thing is that to go with the bigger tank they force you to take a Level 1 or 2 equipment package depending on trim.

Attachments

• 2019 Feature Guide-4.jpg
    2019 Feature Guide-4.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 114

srtdodge05

Reaction score
Must be an error when building the truck online. When I click on the 26 Gallon fuel tank it says I can only get that with Hemi eTorque. V6 has 23 Gallon only and the Standard Hemi is 23 or 33 Gallon. I do remember seeing a Window sticker for a truck that showed 26 Gallon with standard Hemi.

J

jimh4662@

Try working backwards. Clear your cache settings in your browser also. When configuring my truck a couple times out of 1000. Builds it went fuzzy on options. Building backwards removes and adds options. That fixed some errors. But also clear the cache.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
srtdodge05 said:
Must be an error when building the truck online. When I click on the 26 Gallon fuel tank it says I can only get that with Hemi eTorque. V6 has 23 Gallon only and the Standard Hemi is 23 or 33 Gallon. I do remember seeing a Window sticker for a truck that showed 26 Gallon with standard Hemi.
Build and price is still definitely a little buggy, I'd use it as a general guide but remember it's not 100% accurate. That's where the dealer ordering system comes into play.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Any update on this? It has been a while - the 2019s have some mileage on them now.
Has this been fixed, can anyone confirm?

rlc2020

Reaction score
I just put 24.2 gallons in my tank this morning. Hemi without etorque crew cab short bed. Pretty sure I don't have the 23 gallon tank or I guess my evap canister holds an extra 1.2 gallons.
My 4th gen had the optional 32 gallon tank and my gauge read accurately from full to empty. Min was purchased in January 2017 so whatever bug they may have had was fixed by then.
For what It's worth, I would have definitely got the 33 gallon option if I hadn't bought off the lot with my 2019. Even though I don't drive too many miles, it was nice knowing I could go 600+ miles on long trips between fill ups.

Users who are viewing this thread