5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel injection cleaner recommendations

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tried to search but couldn't find it. Any recommendations on fuel injection cleaners and intervals?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tried to search but couldn't find it. Any recommendations on fuel injection cleaners and intervals?
Some say every 3K miles or every oil change (I do mine at 5K). Some say if you use a high quality fuel like Shell, Mobil, Exxon, BP and a few others, you really don't need to add anything.

Chevron Techron, Seafoam are solid options. 104+ is what I use and like and in the below link"

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually use top tier gas. Shell and BP tend to be what I frequent.
If I don't, I will throw a bottle of AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant in the tank. If you suspect the engine may already have buildup on the valves and in the fuel system, then a bottle of P.I. Performance Improver every 4k will help clean that up.

BowDown

Reaction score

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Yes, I use Costco. QuickTrip is also top tier

So then this is something I don’t have to worry about? Atleast until a few thousand miles or should I do as said above every 5k miles or oil change

BowDown

Reaction score
So then this is something I don’t have to worry about? Atleast until a few thousand miles or should I do as said above every 5k miles or oil change

I don't believe so. In my previous truck I used Kroger gas exclusively due to the fuel points discount. One day one the way home, I looked at the gas guage and it was at a 1/4 tank, 1 mile later the truck was out of gas and I coasted into a tom thumb gas station with the gauge still read 1/4 tank. I put in 1 bottle of Chevron Techron for the next three fillips then switched to Quick Trip and in a 6 week period, the gauge started reading accurately again. The truck never drove erratically or acted like it had an injector issue at all, dead smooth 175K mile 2003 HEMI truck.
From that point on, I've only used Top Tier gas in my cars and never had that happen again.

I have a Z06 also and they've had the same issue from time to time with non top tier gas, I never experienced it but have heard of many others having the same issue in their corvette as I did in my truck so I'll never use anything not top tier again. I put an additional 100K miles on that truck and never had that problem again using TT fuel

KCViper

Reaction score
Look at BG 44K. Very good stuff. Have used it in my AMG, Lamborghini, etc.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used additives in my older vehicles but with all the sensitive electronics in this one I am just using Top Tier gas.

I don't plan on any additives at all for this truck. Just good go-juice and high-end fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread