5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel door

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Anybody have this going with their fuel door?
Its been like this since new, dont want to visit the dealer so looking for way to work it out myself.
1591727031921.png 1591727031921.png

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
wow, that is 1st time i see this issue, can you just bent to fix it?

I tried to bend it but it just stays the same.

yup, thats not normal. looks like someone attempted to pry open from bottom
I was thinking it was warped, it was like this when I bought it, but didn't give it much thought till the other day when I parked next to another Ram 1500 and its door was flush.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Open the door and place a level along the horizontal and vertical axis and see if it's warped.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Good luck proving or convincing them it was delivered to you like that. Maybe you have a nice dealer and they will believe you and just replace it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That door needs to seal to keep contaminants out. Notice there is a rubber seal all the way around on the inside of the door. Since there is no gas cap, this is how the fuel filler flap is kept clean. It that gets dirt and moisture on it, the fuel nozzle will push it into the fuel tank. Definitely get that fixed, even if you have to buy a new door yourself. I never liked the capless fuel fillers for that reason.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.
Im coming up on my second oil change so I'll ask them to check it out then, wish I would of payed attention to it sooner I could of had the dealer I bought it from fix it then.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That door needs to seal to keep contaminants out. Notice there is a rubber seal all the way around on the inside of the door. Since there is no gas cap, this is how the fuel filler flap is kept clean. It that gets dirt and moisture on it, the fuel nozzle will push it into the fuel tank. Definitely get that fixed, even if you have to buy a new door yourself. I never liked the capless fuel fillers for that reason.
I keep a sheet of Scott's Shop Towel next to the fuel fill to keep the area clean after each fill up. I second the dislike of the capless fuel filler.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.
Im coming up on my second oil change so I'll ask them to check it out then, wish I would of payed attention to it sooner I could of had the dealer I bought it from fix it then.

If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message!

Mark
RamCares

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and pics.
I was messing with it today and noticed the painted outer plastic cover seems like its not fully attached to the actual swing door, the bottom corner that sticks out when I press on it its damn near flush and I dont know how the outer cover is attached.
Anybody know how to remove the painted outer cover from the swing door?

Users who are viewing this thread