5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frontend rattle

Buster468

Reaction score
Ive got a 19 Ram 1500 and it has a rattle in frontend when i hit a bump!! Sounds like a 74 chevy dually i had that had rattling brake calipers!! Ive been under it several times and cant figure it out!! Any ideas???

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Possibly a loose nut on the front sway bar links. There was a recall for it. Seen a few come through the shop with that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J4U

J4U

Reaction score
Ive got a 19 Ram 1500 and it has a rattle in frontend when i hit a bump!! Sounds like a 74 chevy dually i had that had rattling brake calipers!! Ive been under it several times and cant figure it out!! Any ideas???
Have mine in the shop today and this is on the list. Only the left front does it. Checked everything I could see before and no avail.

J4U

Reaction score
Possibly a loose nut on the front sway bar links. There was a recall for it. Seen a few come through the shop with that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what they said my noise was coming from. Hopefully that's all it was and it's gone.

Thought I had checked it.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Brought into dealership and they checked sway bar and said it was torqued properly. Still have the rattle, sounds like it’s in the strut area. Definitely the front. I hear it when I go over a cattle guard. When the back end goes over it, there is no rattle

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Brought into dealership and they checked sway bar and said it was torqued properly. Still have the rattle, sounds like it’s in the strut area. Definitely the front. I hear it when I go over a cattle guard. When the back end goes over it, there is no rattle

Hi Zeeya,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this concern after your appointment. If you plan to continue addressing this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the process.

Mark
RamCares

J4U

Reaction score
Sway bar wasn't the solution for mine either. I'm thinking along the strut line as well. Will have to take it back in as I need a vehicle.

J4U

Reaction score
Instead of reposting, I'll leave this hear:

Users who are viewing this thread