5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Turn Signal Not Working

ewag

Reaction score
Hitting my unlock button while walking towards my truck I noticed the driver side turn signal in the headlight assembly not flashing. The type of assembly I have is in the attached photo, seems like there are multiple options so I figured a picture would be the best way to convey what I have. These are factory, no modifications at all, never had any problems. The signal on my mirror still flashes, the driver's side rear flashes, and the right side flashers work correctly front to back. I have NO signal error messages on the display inside. Even though I can't seem to find the EXACT replacement for the entire assembly online, I can tell these are some expensive parts. It also seems like there is one wiring harness that goes into the assembly that powers and controls everything in the assembly.... in other words, not seeing a separate wiring harness going to the turn signal bulb, or a separate harness going to the headlights. Also, not seeing any "convenient" way to pull the entire assembly out and inspect it or try to see what the issue is. My 17 son, a mechanic going to tech school right now and working at a local repair shop, tested the wiring going TO the assembly and said it seems like everything is getting the juice that it needs based on what you tell the truck to do, leading him to believe it's a problem right at the assembly itself. Pulling this thing out will take some work, so not too interested in experimenting just yet.

Questions would be:

(a) Can this be fixed without replacing the entire assembly and spending what appears to be a $1000 or more, if so how? and ....

(b) If I have to replace, what the heck is this type of assembly called (can't seem to find the exact replacement online)

Attachments

• Left Front Assembly.jpg
    Left Front Assembly.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 27

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Ram dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

ewag

Reaction score
No takers on this? Anyone know of a thread that addresses the problem? I've been looking but can't figure it out.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Questions would be:

(a) Can this be fixed without replacing the entire assembly and spending what appears to be a $1000 or more, if so how? and ....
Can be fixed by baking the housing and replacing the LED board. Not recommended for a beginner.

(b) If I have to replace, what the heck is this type of assembly called (can't seem to find the exact replacement online)

Headlamp, Left - Mopar (68316085AH)​

ewag

Reaction score
Questions would be:

Can be fixed by baking the housing and replacing the LED board. Not recommended for a beginner.

Headlamp, Left - Mopar (68316085AH)​

Thank you MannyN!

jljbtm

Reaction score
Do i read this right a $2000 headlight? WTF

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do i read this right a $2000 headlight? WTF
I mean my side view mirror is $800 per the dealership.
Based on that price I don't see how a headlight isn't 2k.

Just use aftermarket when something breaks. Lots of the time it looks better and a fraction of the price.

I had a smashed taillight in my Silverado after driving over a bungie cord and a replacement taillight was $750 for ONE oem (halogen) taillight.
I got a pair of LED aftermarket sequential taillights for $360 that looked a million times better.

Users who are viewing this thread