5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Tow pull hook install and Mod 3 hours picks.

Elkhunter149

Reaction score
Well put the tow/pull hooks on the Laramie Roil PITA. If you do this put the truck up on some ramps and use a sleeping bag for neck support. The instructions are straight forward, install is not. In Rams infinite wisdom they put retaining clips on the rear bolts and you have to pound them out 8" of them. I could not figure out why they would not come out (crescent wrench around bolt and washer and hit it with hammer till you pound the bolt out) The plastic valances the destructions tell you to throw them out but don't do that, Save all hardware from valances! I used a dremmel cut off wheel to cut out the backs and bam new trim valances. (they should be included with the hooks IMHO because the chrome holes unfinished look well unfinished. Here is your picks.
#1 before
#2 #3 after
#4 cut out plastic do this from the back side not the front.
retaining clip on bolt Boooooo!

Good post thank you for this information, fixing to do the same.
Ken

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Glad to see that there are some trim rings available now, the hacked ones are still going strong but 10 bucks is a fair price, but they should really come with the tow hooks. Be patient with the bolts they are a pain and will come out eventually.

Elkhunter149

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the bolt sizes to mount the tow hooks, I have two but no mounting hardware
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread