5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front speakers cut out sometimes

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
I changed the dash speakers. Sounded good for a little while but now it I turn them up past 25 they randomly cut out sometimes, crack and just sound horrible. Any advice on a possible fix and/or why this happened?? Thanks

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
What did you change them to? Have you rechecked the connections? Does it only cut out with volume above 25?
I changed them to kickers. Sounds good at low volume but yea cuts out as I turn them up. I checked the connections and everything’s good.

Jtc411

Reaction score
I’d be willing to bet it’s some interference with the ANC

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine do that too when on the phone on bluetooth with volume at 28-30 if the person talks too loud it will cut out. Dont know why.

Jmsmith716

Reaction score
I wonder if this would help??

Attachments

• 81BE99F7-56CC-415D-9F36-C7D105126FEF.png
    81BE99F7-56CC-415D-9F36-C7D105126FEF.png
    235.8 KB · Views: 20

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I changed them to kickers. Sounds good at low volume but yea cuts out as I turn them up. I checked the connections and everything’s good.

Weird. I wonder too if it has something to do with the ANC. No easy way to test unless you buy that harness. Otherwise you’d have to pull the pins and then put them back. It’s a bit of a hassle if you haven’t done it before. When I changed my fronts and left my anc connected I didn’t have those problems. I wonder if polarity has anything to do with it. Maybe check polarity and if either one is out of phase, try putting them in phase? That would also be a bit of a pain since you’d have to flip the metra harness, by either releasing and swapping the pins OR snipping the wires, reversing and resoldering them. I did that because I wanted to start clean with everything in phase (at least one of my dash speakers was reversed, maybe both I don’t remember).

Users who are viewing this thread