5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front plate mount with the round holes in the bumper

spphil

Reaction score
I have a 2022 longhorn I bought it in Arizona . I live in California I need to mount a front plate . the bumper has 3/8" drill in it. what to use to attach the front plate. I have searched the forum with no results. I have tried the square nylon inserts they don't work in a round hole.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What part of California are you in? I am in SoCal and just have my plate holder lying around now if you want it and you're close.

spphil

Reaction score
What part of California are you in? I am in SoCal and just have my plate holder lying around now if you want it and you're close.
I am in Tehachapi. I used two 1/8" toggles and it is very secure. Thank you for the offer.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Tabs on the OEM plate holder has tabs that push into the holes. Then screws that hold the plate on spreads the tabs and fastens it to the bumper.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't want to go the same route as the OP, the license plate holders are very inexpensive. Some dealerships will provide one free of charge. Here's a link to one online source...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't want to go the same route as the OP, the license plate holders are very inexpensive. Some dealerships will provide one free of charge. Here's a link to one online source...

Yep. I got one with my truck and it's tucked away in my garage. :LOL:

I wouldn't mount the plate directly to the bumper because you can only use two screws to secure it and it would look goofy hanging a few inches below the bumper.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yep. I got one with my truck and it's tucked away in my garage. :LOL:

I wouldn't mount the plate directly to the bumper because you can only use two screws to secure it and it would look goofy hanging a few inches below the bumper.
It would look especially goofy for anyone who has removed the front air dams, like I have. :ROFLMAO:

I'd remove the front plate entirely if I take it off-road. That's the first thing that would hit when approaching a steep-ish incline.

Users who are viewing this thread