5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Passenger Legroom

Jasoninflorida

Reaction score
I agree. I do not see why they make both front seats so tight. I would gladly give up 2 or 3 inches back seat room for more stretch room out front. They must have the same folks who design Airplane seats making these design calls. I too noted the passenger shortage. That is ridiculous. I will probably camp out in the back seat if wife drives for a while. you can have a dance party back there with all the floor space and leg room. I love the truck but on long rides this will be a issue.
Has anyone given you instructions on how to do this? I am in the same situation. Thanks, Jay

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The front passenger side design engineer is the same guy that installs shower heads 4 ft from bottom of tub in random hotels, apparently...
I was in a hotel in Costa Rica That the Electrical Engineer must have been sent.
The Room had a Suicide Shower in it. Not only was the shower head in your face,
But a foot below the Head there was a 110V AC outlet!

Malodave

myles

Reaction score
I'm 5'5" and my wife is 5'2" .... I think we'll be ok hahah
hahahaha, one of the perks of being short. I'm 5'7 and my wife is 5'4 and can fully stretch out our legs adn not even touch. Plane rides aren't bad either, I feel bad for 6'+ people on planes, looks very uncomfortable.

JackWaggon

Reaction score
I am 6'2" and I pretty much do all of the driving. I have no beef with the drivers side. My wife is 5'5" and has not complained about the passenger seat, however when she crosses her legs she leaves shoe/foot prints on the govebox/dash area. Drives me nuts.

Reverse

Reaction score
I am 6'2" and I pretty much do all of the driving. I have no beef with the drivers side. My wife is 5'5" and has not complained about the passenger seat, however when she crosses her legs she leaves shoe/foot prints on the govebox/dash area. Drives me nuts.
That made me laugh - my wife does the same thing and my OCD kicks into overdrive when I see it :)

djjr50

Reaction score
hahahaha, one of the perks of being short. I'm 5'7 and my wife is 5'4 and can fully stretch out our legs adn not even touch. Plane rides aren't bad either, I feel bad for 6'+ people on planes, looks very uncomfortable.
As a 6'9" person, I can confirm that they are uncomfortable.

I havent searched in awhile but would love some seat rail extenders. With soo much rear seat room in the rear, not many would be harmed.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yea, and the front doors need to be a little longer, you could get some rail extenders but then you would be sitting next to the B Pillar and you would have to lean forward to see past it when checking traffic. That's one thing I like about the Fords they have a longer front door.

djjr50

Reaction score
yea, and the front doors need to be a little longer, you could get some rail extenders but then you would be sitting next to the B Pillar and you would have to lean forward to see past it when checking traffic. That's one thing I like about the Fords they have a longer front door.
Like sitting next to the B pillar is NOT happening now...Ha! Part of my normal driving position for almost all of my driving years (except for the 88 Lincoln Mark VII I had with long doors).

Users who are viewing this thread