5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Passenger Legroom

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the lack of legroom in the front passenger seat of their crew-cab?

My wife mentioned this when we bought it, but I convinced her it was just because the dash came out closer to her than our previous truck.

My son sat in it for the first time, and his knees hit the dash. Granted... he is 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, but there is a TON of room in the back when the passenger seat is all the way back. You can also see that the driver seat will go back farther than the passenger seat.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol I feel the same way whenever I have to ride on that side and I’m only 6’2”....

klail

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the lack of legroom in the front passenger seat of their crew-cab?

My wife mentioned this when we bought it, but I convinced her it was just because the dash came out closer to her than our previous truck.

My son sat in it for the first time, and his knees hit the dash. Granted... he is 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, but there is a TON of room in the back when the passenger seat is all the way back. You can also see that the driver seat will go back farther than the passenger seat.

I may be missing something but can't you just move the seat back. Even when the seat is all the way back, the rear passengers usually still have plenty of leg room. Sorry if I am misunderstanding something.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with the seat moved back their is not a ton of space, I also wish the drivers seat went back further. I'm 6'8" but I will say the Ford and GM trucks have more front leg room. Not enough to be a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to have more seat travel on both sides.

PorBoy

Reaction score
The dash hangs down too low in my opinion on the passenger side. Even if you slide the seat back, your knees sometimes bump again the glovebox.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
I am in the 6'8" tall boat and just barely clear my knees while driving, would be great if the steering wheel telescoped out a couple inches further. It seems like a much shorter telescope than my previous vehicles. To have the wheel in comfortable reach for my arms it is a bit too close for the legs brushing the right knee occasionally. Though as others have said wasn't a deal breaker but hey RAM have a tall person in the test group!!!! :)

Fidomac

Reaction score
I may be missing something but can't you just move the seat back. Even when the seat is all the way back, the rear passengers usually still have plenty of leg room. Sorry if I am misunderstanding something.
I think there needs to be more travel in the front seats... they need to go back a couple more inches to give adequate front legroom... I am only 5-11 and sometimes wish I could go back another inch with my seat

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m 6’2” and I have room also I weigh 300lbs so not sure if you’re smaller.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" and perfectly proportional. A true 6'5" BTW. Not Dwayne Johnson 6'5" (he's around 6'2"). I have ample room in drivers seat and passenger seat. Every bit as good as my previous chevy. And this truck is much more comfortable.

Bob G

Reaction score
I agree. I do not see why they make both front seats so tight. I would gladly give up 2 or 3 inches back seat room for more stretch room out front. They must have the same folks who design Airplane seats making these design calls. I too noted the passenger shortage. That is ridiculous. I will probably camp out in the back seat if wife drives for a while. you can have a dance party back there with all the floor space and leg room. I love the truck but on long rides this will be a issue.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
My wife said the same thing ... Not a problem with leg room, as she's 5'6", but rather feeling cramped in the dash / footwell area. I (5' 11" ) sat there and understood what she was saying. Still room enough, but a bit tighter than other trucks I've owned. I told her she could always sit in the back, tons of room there. She shot me the 'as if!' look to let me know that wasn't a viable option. We both love the truck.

djjr50

Reaction score
Anyone have the know how to move the drivers seat back further? I'm 6'2" and little cramped.
Anyone aware of a seat relocation kit to move the factory drivers seat back some?
I am 6'9" and rather hefty (more than my 265lbs college playing weight) and I also wish the seat went back just an inch or two more to accommodate my long legs and thick knees. My 2007 F150 SuperCrew had a thinner console and I felt like that had more room (just slightly). I guess I can start searching for a solution.

djjr50

Reaction score
Looks like extendyourseat.com doesn't make them for any truck. I pinged them to see if they are interested in making them for our truck.

Reverse

Reaction score
One of the issues with the front passenger footwell is that the transmission tunnel intrudes on the footwell. It's less than it used to be in the previous generation, but still intrudes. That to me (6'4") is the main problem with the seating. On the driver's side I don't have any problems with legroom, but do wish the seat would go down further.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
My wife said the same thing ... Not a problem with leg room, as she's 5'6", but rather feeling cramped in the dash / footwell area. I (5' 11" ) sat there and understood what she was saying. Still room enough, but a bit tighter than other trucks I've owned. I told her she could always sit in the back, tons of room there. She shot me the 'as if!' look to let me know that wasn't a viable option. We both love the truck.
YOu need to talk to her wife. She's got it all wrong. Growing up my mom always had S class Mercedes, S500, 550, etc. I remember when I first started driving I'd borrow it every now and then. One day I went to go pick one of my best friends up. When I got to his house he hopped in the back seat. When I asked him why he was riding in the back he said "I want to be chauffeured". It cracks me up every time I think about it. Now all you need are some white gloves and a black hat.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
YOu need to talk to her wife. She's got it all wrong. Growing up my mom always had S class Mercedes, S500, 550, etc. I remember when I first started driving I'd borrow it every now and then. One day I went to go pick one of my best friends up. When I got to his house he hopped in the back seat. When I asked him why he was riding in the back he said "I want to be chauffeured". It cracks me up every time I think about it. Now all you need are some white gloves and a black hat.
That's funny! My wife is from England, so you think she'd appreciate some extra pomp and circumstance. If I ever get her back there, I'll be sure to snap a picture ... Sure I can do that with my white gloves on, right?!

dawnnaalliss

Reaction score

My husband just brought this truck home and I noticed the same thing right away. I have driven it but never sat in the passenger seat prior to purchase. I have LONG legs and hate cramming both my feet on the right side to stretch out. Are most trucks like this? Is it a bucket seat issue? Is it a RAM thing? I am new to the truck world but for long trips as a passenger I would consider this a deal breaker if there were other options. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread