5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Parking Sensors?

RamIt00

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the ram scene with my new to me 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Level 2 Night Edition in Diamond Black Crystal.

Had a service front parking sensor come on, then went to the dealer and they told me sensor 1 short to ground is the code that pops up. Hoping it’s an easy fix with one sensor replacement.

My question is where should I go to buy the sensor, and how should I paint it? (Not sure if it comes primered or will match the full finish on the existing sensors).

I’ve seen many a part # and heard about Amazon sensors although some people say stay away, so just wondering if anyone’s had the same situation and where they bought one parking sensor.

Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the ram scene with my new to me 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Level 2 Night Edition in Diamond Black Crystal.

Had a service front parking sensor come on, then went to the dealer and they told me sensor 1 short to ground is the code that pops up. Hoping it’s an easy fix with one sensor replacement.

My question is where should I go to buy the sensor, and how should I paint it? (Not sure if it comes primered or will match the full finish on the existing sensors).

I’ve seen many a part # and heard about Amazon sensors although some people say stay away, so just wondering if anyone’s had the same situation and where they bought one parking sensor.

Thanks!
Mopar part is what you want. Just buy it from a good place like dealer. It is primed and you will need to paint it. I just used Duplicolor Black Bumper paint. Looks just as good as factory.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

RamIt00

Reaction score
Mopar part is what you want. Just buy it from a good place like dealer. It is primed and you will need to paint it. I just used Duplicolor Black Bumper paint. Looks just as good as factory.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Thanks Vincent!

Was just wondering, to get to sensor 1, (Drivers side corner) do I need to remove the bumper? Was hoping to be able to avoid all that.

RamIt00

Reaction score
My mopar sensors were around $200 each. Ouch
I snagged one for $50, did you have to remove the bumper to get to sensor 1? Or is it easily accessible without removal of the bumper

Users who are viewing this thread