5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front lift or rear level?

Jay R

Reaction score
First time here. Should I level the front or drop the rear 2"? If I drop the rear, then I'm not out much money. If I bring the front up then I have to buy bigger tires and alignment. So more cost. Thx

Attachments

• PXL_20220412_203123175.jpg
    PXL_20220412_203123175.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 46

TCB77

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to the look you want. Personally I would bring up the front and if you only do 2” I don’t think the tires would look that bad, but again it’s personal preference. Of course bigger tires would look better but with only a level I don’t think it’s something that has to be done right away.

Jay R

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to the look you want. Personally I would bring up the front and if you only do 2” I don’t think the tires would look that bad, but again it’s personal preference. Of course bigger tires would look better but with only a level I don’t think it’s something that has to be done right away.
Thanks. My other issue is where to find someone around here to do the work. I really don't want to mess with it. I live just south of Dallas

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I reverse leveled my truck and love the look of it. Only problem is it took away some of my capabilities with my trailer and such. Plus, my wife hates the look of it. So, I'm probably going to go lifted in the near future.

Jay R

Reaction score
I reverse leveled my truck and love the look of it. Only problem is it took away some of my capabilities with my trailer and such. Plus, my wife hates the look of it. So, I'm probably going to go lifted in the near future.
Did you add air helper bags? I definitely don't want the nose up look

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you add air helper bags? I definitely don't want the nose up look
Yes it has Airlift 1000 bags in the springs. The shank for the equal-i-zer hitch just hangs down low and scrapes the driveway when we pull out. Just easier to have it lifted. Gotta save up for the wheels and tires first though.

Jay R

Reaction score
Yes it has Airlift 1000 bags in the springs. The shank for the equal-i-zer hitch just hangs down low and scrapes the driveway when we pull out. Just easier to have it lifted. Gotta save up for the wheels and tires first though.
I think I'm gonna do a front level. Been looking all day. I think nitto recon grappler. 275/65/20 SL. It won't be in the next week, but when I get it done, I'll get a pic

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Do you know of any way or any other user who has done the same method as yourself as in a rear level drop, but with maintaining the stock air suspension? I’ve been looking but it looks like most have used aftermarket brand air bags & I already have stock air suspension.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know of any way or any other user who has done the same method as yourself as in a rear level drop, but with maintaining the stock air suspension? I’ve been looking but it looks like most have used aftermarket brand air bags & I already have stock air suspension.
I have not seen anyone lower with stock air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread