5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front grille RAM nameplate

jmr

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Wow the 4th gen was easy in comparison to remove the grille.

So the letters can't be popped off ? It looks like the center section of the grille snaps into the main grille too bad that can't be popped off.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can use something like a walnut pick and gently pry the clips loose. Take in account these are just plastic and if you don’t plan on using them afterwards no harm no foul.

Brendan46

Reaction score
I have a 19 bighorn and I cant figure out how to change the front nameplate

Attachments

• Snapchat-1816677402.jpg
    Snapchat-1816677402.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 63

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
You can use something like a walnut pick and gently pry the clips loose. Take in account these are just plastic and if you don’t plan on using them afterwards no harm no foul.

This... ^^^ (y)

Since I wasn't planning on re-using the "chrome" letters, I just used a utility knife and slid the blade between the letters and the back plate, twisted the blade gently till the letters started popping up and then just wiggled them out. It literally took me 5 minutes to change all three out.

Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A company called ReflectiveConcepts.com sells die cut quality outdoor vinyl overlays to change color of letters and badges. They are much cheaper than replacing letters and take 5 minutes max to install. It is true that only face of letter/badge will get covered but that adds a 3d look. I spent $15 and did the R-A-M on the front of my 19 Rebel in red. Many colors are available. The company is trying to get a red that is closer to flame red paint color on my truck as their overlay red is a little on the orange side but still looks killer I think. See picture below!:cool: I used Duplicolor rattle can paint in flame red to paint tow hooks. What do you think? IMG_3406.JPG

Brendan46

Reaction score
This... ^^^ (y)

Since I wasn't planning on re-using the "chrome" letters, I just used a utility knife and slid the blade between the letters and the back plate, twisted the blade gently till the letters started popping up and then just wiggled them out. It literally took me 5 minutes to change all three out.

Thank you!!

metb4

Reaction score
A company called ReflectiveConcepts.com sells die cut quality outdoor vinyl overlays to change color of letters and badges. They are much cheaper than replacing letters and take 5 minutes max to install. It is true that only face of letter/badge will get covered but that adds a 3d look. I spent $15 and did the R-A-M on the front of my 19 Rebel in red. Many colors are available. The company is trying to get a red that is closer to flame red paint color on my truck as their overlay red is a little on the orange side but still looks killer I think. See picture below!:cool: I used Duplicolor rattle can paint in flame red to paint tow hooks. What do you think? View attachment 10392
The red tow hooks look ace!

RAMayor

Reaction score
What was your process like for the back emblem? I cant find anything online on how to remove and replace the chrom tailgate emblem with the black one? Is it just tape like the 4thgen or is screwed in somehow?

mike12193

Reaction score
What was your process like for the back emblem? I cant find anything online on how to remove and replace the chrom tailgate emblem with the black one? Is it just tape like the 4thgen or is screwed in somehow?

To get mine off I used a heat gun to heat it then used a plastic trim removal tool to pull it off. You don’t have to go crazy heating it up but you need enough to soften up the 3m type adhesive. Once it softened up the adhesive it pulled right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
A company called ReflectiveConcepts.com sells die cut quality outdoor vinyl overlays to change color of letters and badges. They are much cheaper than replacing letters and take 5 minutes max to install. It is true that only face of letter/badge will get covered but that adds a 3d look. I spent $15 and did the R-A-M on the front of my 19 Rebel in red. Many colors are available. The company is trying to get a red that is closer to flame red paint color on my truck as their overlay red is a little on the orange side but still looks killer I think. See picture below!:cool: I used Duplicolor rattle can paint in flame red to paint tow hooks. What do you think?

It would be nice if we could see the colors once we've selected them. I have no idea which blue I want since they can't program a simple drop down showing each color :(

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the chart. However it's kinda crappy and in no way done in "natural light" like they claim. That's ok I've got other ideas :D

RAMayor

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the chart. However it's kinda crappy and in no way done in "natural light" like they claim. That's ok I've got other ideas :D

I also found "Color matching" decals on ebay. I plan to take off the chrome letters, and put the color matching decal on the black letters i ordered. Should look nice on the sport grille. Deleting all the other chrome on the truck too. Will post pics soon. Black letters come this week, color match decals come monday latest, hopefully they come early and I can get it all done this weekend.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173457620352

cw_mi

Reaction score

Wickedsaint

Reaction score
I just used a utility knife like Al stated earlier. Had them off in about 10 minutes and new ones clipped right in. Cracked a couple of the gude pins taking the old ones off however since they are round file bound I didn't mind. Please forgive how dirty it is. I just wanted to document to share here.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190327_180954.jpg
    MVIMG_20190327_180954.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 128
  • MVIMG_20190327_181008.jpg
    MVIMG_20190327_181008.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 122

Jayzram23

Reaction score
Razor blade and pry tool to get mine out for color matching.

e3d2ce969ea6a2a56d561c2ec8283934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Nice, can you take a photo from further back so we can see the entire front please ?

Users who are viewing this thread