5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front end clunk over bumps

jabara572

Reaction score
tightening the links doesnt fix everyone problem. They are essentially two ball joints on a rod, those ball joints can develop play which isnt fixed by tightening the bolt.

My truck had the clunk you describe and was 100% fixed with two new sway bar end links under warranty. 100% quiet now.

Moose1979

Reaction score
SuspensionMaxx is working on new front end links for the 19 new body style. I had their links on my 2011 1500 and they are awesome. They took my(Rebel '19) VIN number down to start working on it. Give them a call. The stock ones front and back are junk.

jabara572

Reaction score
SuspensionMaxx is working on new front end links for the 19 new body style. I had their links on my 2011 1500 and they are awesome. They took my VIN number down to start working on it. Give them a call. The stock ones front and back are junk.

Thank god. I just had mine replaced and already they were loose and clunking 3 weeks later. Tightened the new ones up hopefully that buys me some time. They seem to be absolute trash.

Moose1979

Reaction score
Thank god. I just had mine replaced and already they were loose and clunking 3 weeks later. Tightened the new ones up hopefully that buys me some time. They seem to be absolute trash.
Im doing King shocks with the 2" front lift and the stock ones dont like the added stress or lifts and bigger tires. Learned that on my 08 and 11 1500. You'll like the rubber bushings better too.

Rustin5

Reaction score
SuspensionMaxx is working on new front end links for the 19 new body style. I had their links on my 2011 1500 and they are awesome. They took my(Rebel '19) VIN number down to start working on it. Give them a call. The stock ones front and back are junk.
Any ETA on when these will be available?

stevestrike

Reaction score
Well shoot, I've noticed the clunking noise recently, especially on the passenger side and when going down a speed bump... came to the forum and found this. I'll check the TSB/tighen the bolt, otherwise I guess I head back to the dealer. 7 trips there in as many months of owning a new truck isn't a great start.

Moose1979

Reaction score
Any ETA on when these will be available?
They are sending me some to test. I will try to get them installed beginning of april with the new suspension, document what parts fit best and get some miles on them. Couple months before they will list them I'd say.

Zeeya

Reaction score
tightening the links doesnt fix everyone problem. They are essentially two ball joints on a rod, those ball joints can develop play which isnt fixed by tightening the bolt.

My truck had the clunk you describe and was 100% fixed with two new sway bar end links under warranty. 100% quiet now.
Do you know what your build date is? Mine has had it and it drives me crazy. They looked it up and said the recall was for trucks built before mine. I have a build date of 5/19. I just had them order me a set for the front and I told them I would pay for them and have them installed. $28 a piece. They said they would cover the cost and see if it works. Really the only thing I have to gripe about on the truck in the 33,000 miles I have put on it since 6/19

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had trouble saving the TSB as a pdf. The attachment was saved from:

This site has recalls and TSBs. Your vin can be entered to see if you have any outstanding recalls.

Attachments

• Ram TSB 02-002-19 Front end clunk MC-10162553-9999.pdf
    70.7 KB · Views: 57

A_yakas

Reaction score
I had the the front end Clunks and they had to replace my drivers side LCA truck had 6700 miles. Replaced under Warranty.

A_yakas

Reaction score
Im doing King shocks with the 2" front lift and the stock ones dont like the added stress or lifts and bigger tires. Learned that on my 08 and 11 1500. You'll like the rubber bushings better too.
Going with the Kings huh I see You're also a man of Culture hahaha

jabara572

Reaction score
Do you know what your build date is? Mine has had it and it drives me crazy. They looked it up and said the recall was for trucks built before mine. I have a build date of 5/19. I just had them order me a set for the front and I told them I would pay for them and have them installed. $28 a piece. They said they would cover the cost and see if it works. Really the only thing I have to gripe about on the truck in the 33,000 miles I have put on it since 6/19

LOL guess what mine is?..... 5/19 also!. Mustve been a bad batch that month.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any more words on when and if SuspensionMaxx is releasing front end links for the new RAM? I can't wait to get rid of these crappy stock ones.

Vnbgman

Reaction score
Help anyone I have a 2019 ram 1500 with this knocking noise over speed bumps and dips bought it to dealer told me it was normal are they kidding brought it to another dealer they changed one strut still same annoying nose anyone have a similar problem and anyone have a fix thanks

wiendog

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue over speed bumps or pot holes.Mostly on passenger side..I have also heard it may be a loose upper strut nut. I am going to check my front sway bar.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Help anyone I have a 2019 ram 1500 with this knocking noise over speed bumps and dips bought it to dealer told me it was normal are they kidding brought it to another dealer they changed one strut still same annoying nose anyone have a similar problem and anyone have a fix thanks

Hi @Vnbgman - I regret to hear that your dealer was not able to be of assistance on this concern. Please follow up with us via private message to provide additional details regarding your dealer visit so that we may determine how to best assist you at this point.

I have the exact same issue over speed bumps or pot holes.Mostly on passenger side..I have also heard it may be a loose upper strut nut. I am going to check my front sway bar.

Hi @wiendog - If you decide to address this any further with your dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via PM!

Mark
RamCares

jabara572

Reaction score

Get under your car and put your hand on the sway bar links and have someone else (or you) rock the car side to side, you will hear and feel them clunking if its them. Very common.

RamRebelRob

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing recently, had to get under there with a long 19mm socket and tighten both bolts on the driver's side.

That **** was LOUD.

Bw1605

Reaction score
Mine has the clunk noise when the truck hasn’t been driven in a while or it’s cold outside. Does that make sense that it would be the end links. I absolutely do not here it when it’s warm only when it’s cold

Users who are viewing this thread