5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front camera on with front park assist

jbs45

Reaction score
It's been a few years (I've searched and found nothing new) regarding discussion around why the front view camera doesn't come on when the front park assist detects close objects. Is there a software mod for this? I know I can add the surround view camera app to the shortcuts area on the 12" display/radio but looking for an automated way to sync the two.
I lifted my 2022 Ram 1500 and it's tough to get close to objects in the front when parking. The closer I can get, the less likely my rear end will be sticking out of parking spaces.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sidenote: this is my first post and I'm glad to be part of this forum. I've already learned a lot from reading other posts. Look forward to contributing as I get more familiar with my new Ram.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been a few years (I've searched and found nothing new) regarding discussion around why the front view camera doesn't come on when the front park assist detects close objects. Is there a software mod for this? I know I can add the surround view camera app to the shortcuts area on the 12" display/radio but looking for an automated way to sync the two.
I lifted my 2022 Ram 1500 and it's tough to get close to objects in the front when parking. The closer I can get, the less likely my rear end will be sticking out of parking spaces.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sidenote: this is my first post and I'm glad to be part of this forum. I've already learned a lot from reading other posts. Look forward to contributing as I get more familiar with my new Ram.

Welcome to the forum, sorry I don't have an answer to your question but an alternate option would be to back in to places. Makes it a lot easier to leave and you can get as close backing in as you need without having to go through menus to select the camera.

I haven't really seen this discussed much otherwise either but maybe someone has a way to do it.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a way to sync the two, add the surround cam shortcut as you know how to do. I have mine on the very first spot on the left, use it. very often.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Not a way to sync the two, add the surround cam shortcut as you know how to do. I have mine on the very first spot on the left, use it. very often.
This is my method as well and almost becomes 2nd nature after awhile.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too cheap to purchase a Tazer. A lot of other items are higher priority, surround button does fine in this application.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Map input when driving
Auto-fold mirrors
Played/changed some drl/light stuff

Off the top of my head

The front windows up/down is cool to have too

jbs45

Reaction score
Map input when driving
Auto-fold mirrors
Played/changed some drl/light stuff

Off the top of my head

The front windows up/down is cool to have too
The Tazer has to remain plugged in to your OBD2 port for that, right? Does your leg ever hit it?

Users who are viewing this thread