5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front bench seat question?

alow

Reaction score
I dont think theres a vault for the front of the bench rams but I know you can get vaults for the coolers in the floor of the rear and I believe tuffy has a lockable underseat option for the 19 crew cab.

JV77

Reaction score
I dont think theres a vault for the front of the bench rams but I know you can get vaults for the coolers in the floor of the rear and I believe tuffy has a lockable underseat option for the 19 crew cab.
Thanks, I have seen some for the locations you mention, but for functionality, I would love to have one in the front seat. I think the ideal location for one would be under the seat bottom in the center. I won't ever use the CD player so I am not concerned with covering it, or even pulling it out altogether to open that space up even more.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Thanks, I have seen some for the locations you mention, but for functionality, I would love to have one in the front seat. I think the ideal location for one would be under the seat bottom in the center. I won't ever use the CD player so I am not concerned with covering it, or even pulling it out altogether to open that space up even more.
I agree that a vault for the under seat bottom center would be ideal as a discrete lockable storage space. At least we can lock the glovebox for the smaller items.

tango1179

Reaction score
I have the bench seat - initially really liked the new console, but to me in made the cabin feel smaller. I keep the center flipped down 99% of the time, it makes a comfortable armrest and while you don't get the cavernous storage space of the console it does have a lot - there's a compartment in the top, another one below the bottom seat cushion, a small storage tray on the floor in front of the center seat, and a good sized pull-out storage drawer at the bottom of the dash in the center. The seats are the same seats whether you get the console or the center bench, when the center seat back is up it is pretty much in line with the drivers and passenger seat backs. The floor in the center is pretty high, I wouldn't want to ride anyone in the center front seat for very long but it would work in a pinch, or for a child.

This is a Lonestar with the light mountain brown & black interior. I just got Weathertech floor liners in tan, they are almost the same color as the dash and door trim and blend in well.

View attachment 3186
Thank you for the great picture. I am still anxiously awainting the delivery of my new truck. It is in Toledo, with no ETA to Georgia. Are the seats leather? I am wondering why I was only given the option of black on the interior leather color.

Downytide

Reaction score
A quick question, where are the USB plug on the bench seat? do the rear seats still have access to the vents and plugs?

I would like to convert my rebel to front bench for the pooch.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
On my Laramie, the factory bench seat does have 2 charging ports for the rear seats. There are also AC / Heater vents back there as well.

Grouper

Reaction score
Do any of you who are 6' tall or taller find that the bucket seats with the full center console makes for a less comfortable seating position?

Does your right knee make contact with the console?

I have a bench seat with a fold down armrest "console" in my current Silverado. In ten years, I have never had a third person seated in the front seat, so I have no need for the utility of the bench seat. But at almost 6'2", I'm concerned about long stints in the drivers seat with buckets and the full console.

Obviously, the bench seat leaves your right knee with ample room, at the expense/compromise of a less utilitarian console configuration.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am 6’2” and currently weigh 320LBS and have no problems space wise with it up or done. :)

Grouper

Reaction score
Do any of you who are 6' tall or taller find that the bucket seats with the full center console makes for a less comfortable seating position?

Does your right knee make contact with the console?...

I am 6’2” and currently weigh 320LBS and have no problems space wise with it up or done. :)

I assume by "up or done" you mean up or down? If so, it sounds like you have the bench seat with the flip-up console.

I'm looking for feedback from those who are 6' and taller who have buckets with the full console, regarding comfort and knee/leg room.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oops lol spellcheck owns me as well as me not taking the time to fully read your posting.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
It is easier to put up a sunshade across your windshield if you have a bench seat. All you have to do is put up the center console and slide over to the passenger side to flip down the sun visor, vs having to get out of the truck to adjust the passenger side.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
I am confused - I see that if I choose the sports appearance package, the center bench seat is automatically deleted and replaced with a console. But does the driver/passenger seats remain exactly the same, or is it upgraded to something different as well?

john94si

Reaction score
I am confused - I see that if I choose the sports appearance package, the center bench seat is automatically deleted and replaced with a console. But does the driver/passenger seats remain exactly the same, or is it upgraded to something different as well?
Yea if you go SPORT you go buckets in front. 2019-09-25 18.47.05.jpg 2019-09-25 18.48.01.jpg

laramie4x4

Reaction score
thanks for the picture John. So for driver/passenger, Bucket Seat is something different than what's in the picture? I've been looking for pics online and they look the same with or without the console...

john94si

Reaction score
thanks for the picture John. So for driver/passenger, Bucket Seat is something different than what's in the picture? I've been looking for pics online and they look the same with or without the console...
The pic is exact same truck. Seat down vs up

Jho182

Reaction score
I assume by "up or done" you mean up or down? If so, it sounds like you have the bench seat with the flip-up console.

I'm looking for feedback from those who are 6' and taller who have buckets with the full console, regarding comfort and knee/leg room.

I'm 6'3" and went with the bench just for that reason. The center console makes the truck feel smaller and cramps my leg position options. Now that I've had my truck 6 months I often wonder if I should have gotten the console though. The armrest that comes with the bench seats is a BEAST. My primary complaints with it are:
1. It extends to far forward (due to tiny headrest) which means you have to be a contortionist to put or get anything from the middle tray on the floor or even use the center tray under the controls.
2. When in the "up" position it doesn't recline enough which means it sticks farther forward than my driver's seat (and passenger). This means my shoulder hits it and it is just awkward.

One of the primary reasons I like full-size trucks is the big cabin, but this set up negates that and makes the interior feel a lot smaller than previous trucks I've owned.

I have a recurring daydream to figure out how to make the armrest recline more or even replace it with a late model armrest with new upholstery.
Most of us rarely (if ever) need to put 6 people in our cars. Too bad they make us live it.

Hoping someone comes up with an aftermarket fix.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and went with the bench just for that reason. The center console makes the truck feel smaller and cramps my leg position options. Now that I've had my truck 6 months I often wonder if I should have gotten the console though. The armrest that comes with the bench seats is a BEAST. My primary complaints with it are:
1. It extends to far forward (due to tiny headrest) which means you have to be a contortionist to put or get anything from the middle tray on the floor or even use the center tray under the controls.
2. When in the "up" position it doesn't recline enough which means it sticks farther forward than my driver's seat (and passenger). This means my shoulder hits it and it is just awkward.

One of the primary reasons I like full-size trucks is the big cabin, but this set up negates that and makes the interior feel a lot smaller than previous trucks I've owned.

I have a recurring daydream to figure out how to make the armrest recline more or even replace it with a late model armrest with new upholstery.
Most of us rarely (if ever) need to put 6 people in our cars. Too bad they make us live it.

Hoping someone comes up with an aftermarket fix.
I agree, I wish the center seat could move back or forward or have the back recline a bit. That would be tough considering all of the controls underneath the seat for the rear. But I do notice when the seat back is up that it is never even with the driver or passenger seat and that bugs me a little. That being said, it is a minor gripe for me and I love this bench seat a ton more than I would like the console. It provides more open space than the console and does not sacrifice any functionality and can add a 6th person in a pinch. I love it. I guess people want the console for extra storage (seems to me there is plenty storage regardless) or they want to feel the truck is "hugging" them in their seats and get nice and cozy.

Wpg_BigHorn

Reaction score
I have the bench seat - initially really liked the new console, but to me in made the cabin feel smaller. I keep the center flipped down 99% of the time, it makes a comfortable armrest and while you don't get the cavernous storage space of the console it does have a lot - there's a compartment in the top, another one below the bottom seat cushion, a small storage tray on the floor in front of the center seat, and a good sized pull-out storage drawer at the bottom of the dash in the center. The seats are the same seats whether you get the console or the center bench, when the center seat back is up it is pretty much in line with the drivers and passenger seat backs. The floor in the center is pretty high, I wouldn't want to ride anyone in the center front seat for very long but it would work in a pinch, or for a child.

This is a Lonestar with the light mountain brown & black interior. I just got Weathertech floor liners in tan, they are almost the same color as the dash and door trim and blend in well.

View attachment 3186
Yours has storage under the bottom of the seat ? My 19 bighorn does not ... the armrest does but the seat bottom does not. Slightly disappointed because I did like that feature in my 2010.

but love my bench seat. Somehow more comfortable and actually feels like a truck

john94si

Reaction score
Yours has storage under the bottom of the seat ? My 19 bighorn does not ... the armrest does but the seat bottom does not. Slightly disappointed because I did like that feature in my 2010.

but love my bench seat. Somehow more comfortable and actually feels like a truck
Yes my 19 Laramie has under seat storage like my 14 tradesmen had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online