5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front bench seat question?

ScottR

Reaction score
I’ve read posts about them bumping down features to make you need higher trims but sigh, the bench storage was one thing I loved
Are you sure your doesn’t ? I had no idea mine had the under seat storage till I was vacuuming one day almost 7 months after owning the truck. I have 2019 Bighorn

ScottR

Reaction score
Are you sure your doesn’t ? I had no idea mine had the under seat storage till I was vacuuming one day almost 7 months after owning the truck. I have 2019 Bighorn
It’s where your CD player is

Attachments

• 6A2496F8-6856-4014-AE93-06C3B7C40F2C.jpeg
    6A2496F8-6856-4014-AE93-06C3B7C40F2C.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 67

superjay

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to filter out the bucket seat trucks? Looking for a Laramie with the bench and I haven't found a way besides looking at the window sticker for each truck on the Ram site to see if it has bucket seats.

john94si

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to filter out the bucket seat trucks? Looking for a Laramie with the bench and I haven't found a way besides looking at the window sticker for each truck on the Ram site to see if it has bucket seats.
nope.. i wish they would add a filter like "sunroof" but its a challenge. I even called dealers and askd them to check on the lots and they didn't understand the task.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I was looking for mine exactly as I wanted it was truly a pain. Had to go onto every dealership website to make it happen..

WhattheTruck!

Reaction score
We experienced the same issue... even when using the Ram online configuration/build/search tool, I had to go to each vendor's site and look at the pictures. The search tool would show 6 seat configuration but inevitably would be a 5 seat setup in the dealer pictures.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
If I remember right, you build the exact truck you are looking for and then search for nearby dealerships. Then expand the number of miles away to the max it will go. Then you can input different zip codes to see trucks within the specified mile radius of that zip code you enter. Maybe the exact truck you build out online will match somewhere.

Fishin33

Reaction score
I’ve been researching on my end as I have a family of 6 and need the bench. Had the same struggles to find bench seat models online as you must look at the window sticker to know for certain.

After building a 2021 and emailing the ‘saved configuration’ to myself it sends over all of the config codes. I then found the following fleet order sheet which is excellent to know what options you can get with different trims. On the seats specifically, check our page 10 & 11 of the PDF to find the code for which seat you want as it may help in your search. For example - I just realized my build out had VL instead of the ZL that I really want:

Lyousko

Reaction score
I’ve got the bench seat...a requirement for the way I use the truck. First, I like that it provides more leg room. My knees don’t touch the center consol, which I personally feel is more comfortable. Do not equate these bench seats to those in the tradesman model or older pickups. The power seats adjust beautifully. The center does not recline, but is really comfortable and at a good position, IMO. When not in use, I keep the center down. Lots of storage and much better cup holders than the Gen 4.
My bench seat compartment latch broke off. Any way to fix that??

Users who are viewing this thread