5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front air deflector

grifodan67

Reaction score
It uses 6 of the plastic push thru holes that hold the rubber front hood seal in place with. It slides between the Rubber seal and the hood in 6 spots and comes with the replacement plastic push pin parts because to remove them you have to break them. It didn't have protector strips but it did have rubber bump stops to apply on the inner side of the deflector in case it is pressed onto the hood.

JJRamTX, Thanks for answering questions, I guess I am confused because when I look online, the AVS deflectors say minor drilling required. AVS Hood Deflector.JPG

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This design is almost identical to the AVS model ($39 + Shipping). Hopefully the WeatherTech brand name didn't push it over the top in price
JJRamTX, Thanks for answering questions, I guess I am confused because when I look online, the AVS deflectors say minor drilling required. View attachment 22378

There was no drilling needed for the one I purchased. Just to pop the top off 6 of the plastic push pins with trim removal tool that are already in place holding the hood seal. Then slide the Bug deflector in between the hood and rubber seal and replace the 6 that hold it tight. Note: Make sure to not lose the 4 rubber bump stops and to put them back after install. My part number was this bottom one shown #21953

grifodan67

Reaction score
This design is almost identical to the AVS model ($39 + Shipping). Hopefully the WeatherTech brand name didn't push it over the top in price

There was no drilling needed for the one I purchased. Just to pop the top off 6 of the plastic push pins with trim removal tool that are already in place holding the hood seal. Then slide the Bug deflector in between the hood and rubber seal and replace the 6 that hold it tight. Note: Make sure to not lose the 4 rubber bump stops and to put them back after install. My part number was this bottom one shown #21953
JJRamTX, Thanks. The bottom one was one I was looking at as it says low profile.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just replaced my RAM OEM shield with the WeatherTech. Just wasn't happy thinking about thinking about those metal clips and how they attach to the hood and the exposed screws that hold the shield to the metal clips. The WT just came an hour ago and I am very impressed with the fit and finish and ZERO brackets. Install took me about 20 minutes and looks great but I still like the look of the OEM matte black finish slightly better. I will keep the OEM unit and all of the hardware in case someone's interested. Otherwise, I may just throw it in the dumpster and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Jim7852

Reaction score
Who, besides Mopar, makes a chrome deflector? I've seen the pictures of the one with screws and I'm not sure I would like that. Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Who, besides Mopar, makes a chrome deflector? I've seen the pictures of the one with screws and I'm not sure I would like that. Thanks.

I am not aware of anyone that does chrome besides the OEM and most want less chrome than more chrome.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

AVS and LUND make them for the 2019 RAM. search popped up carid as one seller.

j517

Reaction score
What do we think about this deflector? Kind of a rugged look.

I installed it is a pita but I like it I hand avs in the past and after a year or 2 it will fade. These are made like the bushwacker fender flare materials oh I'm a order some of those also pocket style and I got the wind deflectors also I also put on a diamondback cover I don't give a rat's *** what my truck looks like as long *** its functional. No offense to anyone but my money my toy and functionality is key

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Normond

Reaction score
I installed the RAM OEM one and I am very happy with it. I like the matte black finish. I installed this even though I did the hood with Xpel PPF.
Can you attache a higher res photo? I am really interested in that color to go on my billet silver new truck.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/