5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front air deflector

cjfioren

Reaction score
Anybody put on a hood deflector or skin that can share pics. Trying to figure if it will be too much for the 2019 front end.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Had an AVS Chrome skin that I had on my 2015 Durango that I traded in on my new gen 2019 Ram Laramie. Haven't seen one out for it yet by AVS but loved it on the Durango. Looked great, held up great. However I'm a little concerned appearance wise that it's chrome looking overload for this truck since my front end is all chrome looking, still up in the air whether I'm going to do the skin on this one. Not a fan of deflectors. Skin was much nicer and stuck on without any drilling or screws, etc. Never a problem. Best wishes whatever ya' do.

cjfioren

Reaction score
Had an AVS Chrome skin that I had on my 2015 Durango that I traded in on my new gen 2019 Ram Laramie. Haven't seen one out for it yet by AVS but loved it on the Durango. Looked great, held up great. However I'm a little concerned appearance wise that it's chrome looking overload for this truck since my front end is all chrome looking, still up in the air whether I'm going to do the skin on this one. Not a fan of deflectors. Skin was much nicer and stuck on without any drilling or screws, etc. Never a problem. Best wishes whatever ya' do.
Chrome overload is my concern also. I have always had the AVS skin on my rams.... but the way the grille and front header applique is set on the 2019's seems like it may be weird. Was hoping someone could come up with something that would cover the header applique to tone down the chrome.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a clear bra put on the front of my truck. I just had a mini kit put on the hood which covers the area where a bug shield with cover.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed the RAM OEM one and I am very happy with it. I like the matte black finish. I installed this even though I did the hood with Xpel PPF.

Attachments

• Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 189

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AVS vs Mopar. I don’t know what to do. I have a black sport.
I think it really comes down to the look. If you like the sharper lines go with mopar but if you like the curve look more go with AVS. Both sound easy to install but the AVS is about half the price of the mopar.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the AVS clip to the hood. I know the Mopar one has little protector strips that are used when you attach to the hood. The one I had for my 2014 used the holes underneath instead of clipping to the hood. Thanks.
It uses 6 of the plastic push thru holes that hold the rubber front hood seal in place with. It slides between the Rubber seal and the hood in 6 spots and comes with the replacement plastic push pin parts because to remove them you have to break them. It didn't have protector strips but it did have rubber bump stops to apply on the inner side of the deflector in case it is pressed onto the hood.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It uses 6 of the plastic push thru holes that hold the rubber front hood seal in place with. It slides between the Rubber seal and the hood in 6 spots and comes with the replacement plastic push pin parts because to remove them you have to break them. It didn't have protector strips but it did have rubber bump stops to apply on the inner side of the deflector in case it is pressed onto the hood.

So nothing clips onto the hood itself?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So nothing clips onto the hood itself?
Nope no clips, it actually mounts on 6 points using the push pin holes on the underside of the hood that hold the rubber hood seal. It opens with the hood and all of the mounted parts are between the rubber seal and underside of the Aluminum Hood sandwiched in between.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tend to agree. I like the lines and contours, but all of the exposed screws are a bit much.
It looks fine if you have the fender flares pictured on the 2500, but no way as a stand alone guard. I also do not like the stick on to the hood mounting points.

Users who are viewing this thread