5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Ford to Ram

Grover70

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I previously owned a 2018 F150 SCrew STX, 4WD. The paint started peeling on the roof under warranty, and Ford said "wear and tear." Then the hood and the tailgate. Fortunately the cam phasers were under warranty and that was replaced with only 4k miles left on that guarantee. I needed the towing capacity and I liked the speed with the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost. But, quality issues abound.

I rode in my friend's 2022 Ram Limited and it just felt bigger and the fit and finish was far better, and yes, I know it was a Limited vs. an STX, but you could just feel that Ram was a step above the Ford aluminum body, or several steps.

Finally, after being snubbed by Ford on the paint issue several times, I looked at Carvana. They gave me a great trade in price for a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport. One owner with 100K miles (versus the 73k on my Ford). But, what did I have to lose? 7 day return policy and 100 day warranty. No brainer. So, they came, they took the Ford, and left the Big Horn in my driveway. Easiest vehicle transaction I have ever had in my 38 years of driving.

I added a factory trailer brake system and some E-tracks to the truck bed. We have a small hobby farm so we need that truck bed secure. It came with Weathertech floor mats. At first I wanted to do the black out thing, but I'm 53 now, and the chrome doesn't bother me like it did when I was 52 ;) Maybe I will someday.

I definitely need a truck bed mat, matching tires (two new ones on the back are a different make, but good tires).

The truck rides so much quieter. The UI on the UConnect is much better than the Ford's. Seats are firmer, but that's okay. The paint is not rippled, like the aluminum F150 body. Overall, I feel like I have much more truck for the buck!

Thanks for having me :)

Attachments

• 2024-05-07_18-45-30_989.jpeg
    2024-05-07_18-45-30_989.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 26

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet ride! 😎 Welcome to the forum!

1923bob

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I previously owned a 2018 F150 SCrew STX, 4WD. The paint started peeling on the roof under warranty, and Ford said "wear and tear." Then the hood and the tailgate. Fortunately the cam phasers were under warranty and that was replaced with only 4k miles left on that guarantee. I needed the towing capacity and I liked the speed with the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost. But, quality issues abound.

I rode in my friend's 2022 Ram Limited and it just felt bigger and the fit and finish was far better, and yes, I know it was a Limited vs. an STX, but you could just feel that Ram was a step above the Ford aluminum body, or several steps.

Finally, after being snubbed by Ford on the paint issue several times, I looked at Carvana. They gave me a great trade in price for a 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport. One owner with 100K miles (versus the 73k on my Ford). But, what did I have to lose? 7 day return policy and 100 day warranty. No brainer. So, they came, they took the Ford, and left the Big Horn in my driveway. Easiest vehicle transaction I have ever had in my 38 years of driving.

I added a factory trailer brake system and some E-tracks to the truck bed. We have a small hobby farm so we need that truck bed secure. It came with Weathertech floor mats. At first I wanted to do the black out thing, but I'm 53 now, and the chrome doesn't bother me like it did when I was 52 ;) Maybe I will someday.

I definitely need a truck bed mat, matching tires (two new ones on the back are a different make, but good tires).

The truck rides so much quieter. The UI on the UConnect is much better than the Ford's. Seats are firmer, but that's okay. The paint is not rippled, like the aluminum F150 body. Overall, I feel like I have much more truck for the buck!

Thanks for having me :)
Welcome to the Ram world I had a lot of Fords over the years and mow Ram just a nicer truck in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread