5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxwell OBD II Scanner

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello guys, the engine light came on today and I have this Foxwell scanner that I have but never used. Do I just plug this up to truck? I ask because I think I saw a video at one time talking about a bypass cable. Not sure if I need that or not.

Attachments

• IMG_6425.jpeg
    IMG_6425.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 11

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep just plug it in.

Bypass cable is something different if you were using Alfaobd or jscan or tazar etc.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep just plug it in.

Bypass cable is something different if you were using Alfaobd or jscan or tazar etc.
Got it. This is what it shows. Oh man, I wonder what this is.

Attachments

• IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 31

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick search.. any chance u removed the active air dam

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it. This is what it shows. Oh man, I wonder what this is.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have not removed it at all.
well, it’s probably bad which is throwing the code. Just unplug, remove it, and tape up the plug really good, put it out of the way. Once you clear the code after that you’re good

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well, it’s probably bad which is throwing the code. Just unplug, remove it, and tape up the plug really good, put it out of the way. Once you clear the code after that you’re good
Do I reset the code before plugging it back in? Also, is the code the bigger code or the small code with the $ symbol first on the scanner? Just want to make sure I’m reading the correct code.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 15

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do I reset the code before plugging it back in? Also, is the code the bigger code or the small code with the $ symbol first on the scanner? Just want to make sure I’m reading the correct code.
The Uxxxx number is your code

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
U11E9 is the code. Clear it and don’t plug the air damn back in

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
U11E9 is the code. Clear it and don’t plug the air damn back in
I want to keep everything as is. I disconnected both the shutters and the air dam, cleaned any debris, and cleared the code. I connected everything back in right after. If there is still a problem, the engine light will come back on, correct?

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eventually yes lol if there’s still a problem. Could have easily just been a dirty or loose connection that caused a fault code. Clear it and keep on moving if it happens to come up again then you go from there.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eventually yes lol if there’s still a problem. Could have easily just been a dirty or loose connection that caused a fault code. Clear it and keep on moving if it happens to come up again then you go from there.
So after 40 miles, it came back on. The shutters are open and I watched the coolant temp the whole time and it’s between 189-203. Doesn’t go higher than that. Is it bad if I keep driving it as is until I have some time later in the week to diagnose the problem?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep thats normal operating range now if it creeps up past 220-240 (I forget what the tstat on these trucks open on)then you might have an issue lol. Drive on!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So after 40 miles, it came back on. The shutters are open and I watched the coolant temp the whole time and it’s between 189-203. Doesn’t go higher than that. Is it bad if I keep driving it as is until I have some time later in the week to diagnose the problem?
Chances are the issue isn't with the grill shutters. The active air dam will cause the grill shutters code.

Users who are viewing this thread