5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOX 2.0 Coilovers

hangovna

Reaction score
Is there anyone running the FOX 2.0 Coilovers? Seems like a fairly new product that I haven't seen any info on. Curious how people like them. Looks to be around a $1300 setup for all 4 corners.

Front coilover part # 985-02-136
Rear shock part # 985-24-231

nolaram1500

Reaction score
Is there anyone running the FOX 2.0 Coilovers? Seems like a fairly new product that I haven't seen any info on. Curious how people like them. Looks to be around a $1300 setup for all 4 corners.

Front coilover part # 985-02-136
Rear shock part # 985-24-231

I’m curious about this setup too. I’m looking to run just to fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and match rear shocks in the back to level my truck. Would this be a good option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Spend a little extra for the 2.5s. 2.0s have been around for a while on other models. They are a slight upgrade over the stock suspension, but you can’t rebuild them and the quality of them is meh

nolaram1500

Reaction score
Spend a little extra for the 2.5s. 2.0s have been around for a while on other models. They are a slight upgrade over the stock suspension, but you can’t rebuild them and the quality of them is meh

Thanks for the input! Well, I don’t really do anything off-road, besides driving on terrible roads where I live. I essentially want a “higher end” level kit compared to spacers. My previous trucks I’ve ran those and bigger tires and the ride was really stiff, but I was used to it and I expected the ride quality to become stiffer. Now that I am older and have a 2 month old, I still want a level and bigger tires (33” ridge grapplers), but doesn’t take a big hit on ride quality. I don’t mind it being stiff, but my wife and little one will lol.

I’ve done a ton of research on the forums and get mixed opinions on ride quality on 2” lift/level kits. I haven’t come across anyone who is currently running the fox 2.0s in front and rear. I don’t want to fork out $2100 + $1300 on the 2.5s if I don’t really need it.

What do y’all think is the best route for me, the 2.0s or 2.5?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The problem is you’re going to dump almost 1k in a set of front coil overs, and once they wear out you have to just throw them away.

Ramz

Reaction score
I just installed a set on the front. The ride is improved. There is more control and a lot less body roll. I had the 5100 before and this are a lot better in every way, except for price.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I have the 2.5s up front and 2.0s on the rear. It was pretty expensive but well worth it IMO. I did the conversion from stock at the same time as I did the wheels and tires so it’s hard to review exactly how the coilovers and shocks made a difference on road. But off road is where they really shine. Wouldn’t change a thing.

hangovna

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. Just going with the cheap motofab 2" level for now and I'll re-evaluate once the truck gets more miles on it and the stock shocks get worn out.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. Just going with the cheap motofab 2" level for now and I'll re-evaluate once the truck gets more miles on it and the stock shocks get worn out.
Nothing wrong with that decision! See how it works for ya then upgrade down the road if you want.

naman_sharma

Reaction score
I just installed a set on the front. The ride is improved. There is more control and a lot less body roll. I had the 5100 before and this are a lot better in every way, except for price.
Hey, i just installed the 5100s in my front, coming from the RC N3 strut it’s pretty similar but 5100s slightly better. What part of the fox 2.5’s makes it a lot better than the bilsteins? i’m considering switching again

Users who are viewing this thread