5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found my rattle

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was worried that my DPF had an internal failure but it turns out that there is a band clamp on the low pressure EGR tube that is broken. If you hear a rattle especially on a cold star you might want to crawl under and check yours.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was worried that my DPF had an internal failure but it turns out that there is a band clamp on the low pressure EGR tube that is broken. If you hear a rattle especially on a cold star you might want to crawl under and check yours.
Perfect just in time, going in tomorrow for service, wanted them to look for that issue.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a photo of that area by chance?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I've got a rattle on cold startup. Is this tube present on the gas trucks as well? The rattle goes away after about 10 seconds, and it sounds like it's metal on metal basically what I imagine that broken clamp sounding like.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I've got a rattle on cold startup. Is this tube present on the gas trucks as well? The rattle goes away after about 10 seconds, and it sounds like it's metal on metal basically what I imagine that broken clamp sounding like.
Could be a leaking/broken exhaust manifold or bolt. Common problem unfortunately.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be a leaking/broken exhaust manifold or bolt. Common problem unfortunately.
Yeah I really don't want to tear into the manifolds if I can avoid it. Guess I can remote start it while underneath to see if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread