5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found interior from a 2020 Laramie, going to do the swap...

Smilez

Reaction score
I haven't received them yet, they were ordered late last week. I think there are holes as well. If you beat me to it, please share what your install was like :)
Striker plate came in today, So easy to install. The hole that it sits in and screw hole is already there. Now back to trying to install seats. My coworker has a larmie with reclining rear seats and his rails are different from the ones I got out of the limited. I've attached some pictures of how his seats bolt to the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_4214.jpg
    IMG_4214.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 196

Smilez

Reaction score
So close but yet so far. I have seats installed but the limited seats I bought don't have the bracket for the reclining cable to attach to. Cant seem to find part number anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 126

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hey ok well I finally got around to trying to update to show the ventilated seat controls. I'm a little rusty, been a couple years since I used my AlphaOBD ... so I got my security bypass cable connected, have the ODB link working and paired. I went into AlphaOBD and got to the right "vehicle configuration" menu and set "front ventilated seats present" to "yes". What I am rusty on is ... after selecting "yes" then "start" on AlphaOBD, is it simply just turn the truck off and wait? Also because I'm sort of guessing, the hope was this would update the 8.4 UConnect "climate" screen to show the ventilated controls as I do not have the physical control modules.

Am I on the right track or am I missing a step? I turned the ACC off then back on, went back into the climate controls screen but nothing different. I appreciate the help thank you!

Well looks like I was right, just not patient...went back out and started back up and now I see the vent control. Only it's not working ha. Damn it... I did verify with the seller they are ventilated seats - they look "right" - but how do I confirm or any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? They are out of a Laramie, they have the perforated leather, everything is connected that I can see that had a wiring harness...but now I'm at a loss to know what to try next.

Last edited:

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
"Memory-Front Vented Seats Present" and "ECUConfig 3-Front Vented Seats Present" are the two settings I have listed in my copy of known configs. Also "CustSetMenu 1-Auto-on driver comfort CSM (option 2-3)" but I'm assuming that one is for those who started with no heat/vent. Worth a look though, just to troubleshoot.

Daverous

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, ensure you set your seat material type. You can have every other setting active but until that's changed it will not turn on. Ask me how I know.......

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Thank you! That was what I missed - the "Memory-Front Vented Seats Present" - updated and now working! :)

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, ensure you set your seat material type. You can have every other setting active but until that's changed it will not turn on. Ask me how I know.......
Oh snap - I didn't do that - is that also in the BodyConfig section? I'll have to reconnect and check for that as well.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Did you get your ventilated seats working via AlphaOBD with the above settings?

brental1

Reaction score
Quick update. Was able to identify the striker assembly needed for the rear recliner seats and ordered them. I have to take the liner off the cab wall to see what needs done to put the striker latch on, crossing fingers but not expecting it to be as simple as "bolt and go"... on the plus side, the 60/40 seats, the "60" side seat matches up with 3 of the 4 existing bolt holes. Still hoping for some magic answer on how to get everything lined up - even if that means different rails/brackets - I suppose worst case is going to a local fabricator shop and seeing if they can solution something that will work.
I'm in the process of buying a reclining back seat. Do you have the PN and/or the Description for the new striker/ and are two parts required; one for the 60 and one for the 40? Also, were you able to find the required floor holes just by removing plugs? Did the installation require additional bolts? Were weld nuts or caged nuts present; or did you have to add nuts? Thanks,

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a reclining back seat. Do you have the PN and/or the Description for the new striker/ and are two parts required; one for the 60 and one for the 40? Also, were you able to find the required floor holes just by removing plugs? Did the installation require additional bolts? Were weld nuts or caged nuts present; or did you have to add nuts? Thanks,

Any update to this question @jeffjcalweb?

I purchased a full seat set from a laramie and already added them to my Rebel. Now I want to install the reclining rears since they are just sitting in the garage. Any info on how you did your install will help. Thanks!

brental1

Reaction score
Any update to this question @jeffjcalweb?

I purchased a full seat set from a laramie and already added them to my Rebel. Now I want to install the reclining rears since they are just sitting in the garage. Any info on how you did your install will help. Thanks!
Rear was straightforward. The reclining seat has a different bolt pattern than the standard seat. But, the required holes and weld nuts were present in my truck. Your existing bolts work--it's just that 2 of them thread into different holes in the truck. I cut a hole in the carpet from around the 'new' bolt holes so that seat track would directly contact the floor of the truck. There was a plastic tape circle over the 'new' holes; and I transferred the tape to cover the 'old' holes. The seat tracks cover the areas where the carpet was not present over the "old' holes; so no need to patch the carpet. The recliner does require 2 strikers that were not present in my truck. PN 68272017AB. I've ordered the strikers and a bolt for each; but have not received them yet. There is a T slot and a weld nut present on the back wall of my truck to secure each striker (right side of pic). I'll only need to cut a slit in the rear wall covering just to let the strikers protrude through. I don't think the existing strikers (actually U-brackets to secure the seat back) will interfere with the reclining seat (left side of pic)--so I think I can just leave them in place. Different topic; but I'm still looking for someone to build wire harnesses to connect the seat connectors to my truck--for heat and vent function. There are no wires for the rear seat present in my truck.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 87

jv56

Reaction score
Hey,

Any pictures of the rear seat striker installed? Any issues with reclining?

I have a 19 Bighorn and just got a set of laramie leather with reclining seats.

Thanks!!

brental1

Reaction score
Hey,

Any pictures of the rear seat striker installed? Any issues with reclining?

I have a 19 Bighorn and just got a set of laramie leather with reclining seats.

Thanks!!
Reclining striker.jpg I cut a slit in the rear "carpet" to install the reclining striker. It was easy. Slides into T slot and then one bolt. The original striker does not interfere. No issues with reclining. However, it's really more of a gimmick. Doesn't recline as much as a (coach class) airplane seat.

I'm still looking for how to install the vent bags for cooling. It's not intuitive how they install.

Gsau06

Reaction score
Following this thread, were you able to have any info for the heated seat wiring/harness for the rear seats?

brental1

Reaction score
Following this thread, were you able to have any info for the heated seat wiring/harness for the rear seats?
I bought and installed the harnesses that mount to the seat and connect the heater pads and fans. Also bought and installed the console harness and heat/vent switches that mount in the rear of the console. But, I can't find the body harnesses that the seat harnesses would plug into. Another member on here was trying to get Jimmy07 to build them. I contacted a company Gen5DIY Plug & Play Harnesses abouut building them; but they stopped responding. I don't have access to wiring diagrams to build my own. And, I'm not sure my truck (22) can be flashed to make the rear heat/vent function work. Another concern is how much damage I would do removing the open cell foam, about 1/2" thick, to install the vent bags. The seat I bought has heat pads; but no vent bags. The vent bags install between the 'hard' seat foam and the open cell foam. So, I have more questions than answers.

Gsau06

Reaction score
I’m on a similar situation, I have the center console with the back switches and the seats with the harness but I don’t know where it will need to plug into.

brental1

Reaction score
I’m on a similar situation, I have the center console with the back switches and the seats with the harness but I don’t know where it will need to plug into.
You need these 2 connectors in the truck . I don't have wiring diagrams to show where these wires go.

Attachments

• XY430A Rear seat heat-vent.png
    XY430A Rear seat heat-vent.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
  • XY435A Rear seat heat-vent.png
    XY435A Rear seat heat-vent.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 24

Gsau06

Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll have to take a look whenever I have some time off and remove the back seat if that harness is present before installing the back seat with heated function.

brental1

Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll have to take a look whenever I have some time off and remove the back seat if that harness is present before installing the back seat with heated function.
You should be able to find the connectors without removing the seat. There are slits (maybe Ts) in the carpet for thses connectors--whether you have them or not.

Argolfer

Reaction score
I recently updated my rear seats to reclining seat that I bought out of a wrecked truck. It has heated seats, and I found the plugs below the carpet, but my console does not have the switches. I pulled the console apart and the wiring harness doesn't have plugs for the switches. Do you know which console wiring harness, that I would need for a 2022 to add the switches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/