5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward Collision Alert adjustments

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love all this electronic crap in new vehicles. You can't do anything without needing adjustments or paying to get reprogramming done.

Now that I leveled my truck and got my alignment, I now have a forward collision issue (Auto Emergency Braking (AEB) Unavailable. I think it's related to the angle of the system. I read on here that the bumper sensors are not the issue, but the module behind the rearview mirror. I don't like the system and don't use it, but I also don't want a yellow icon visible on my display.

Anybody know how I can adjust the angle of the module behind the mirror down a bit to remove the alert? Also, how does the plastic cover get removed? just pull straight out? I saw a post where someone said there's a screw under the module mounting screw that is the adjustment. just looking for confirmation on that.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoever did your alignment should reprogram the ADAS systems. Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• Service Library.PDF
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The plastic cover comes right off. There are 4 clips. The best tool is a half moon pry tool where you can poke it in where there is a very small gap and then leverage it to have it pull it directly back.
You do NOT need to take the pizza shaped piece off above the mirror first to get the entire shroud off

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks all. So I could probably adjust the angle downward on the module until the alert goes away, right? I know it should be calibrated, but I don't have the tools and I don't want to pay the calibration fee for a feature that annoys me already.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks all. So I could probably adjust the angle downward on the module until the alert goes away, right? I know it should be calibrated, but I don't have the tools and I don't want to pay the calibration fee for a feature that annoys me already.
Maybe?
It's a "safety feature" I don't think anyone would sign off on it.
You could try to just enter calibration mode after you adjust it down a little then drive and see if it calibrated. I believe Alfaobd can do it.

And or even try to disable those features in Alfaobd so the truck doesn't think it has it.

Definitely make sure it's on alert only so it might just beep if it thinks it sees something and not slam on your brakes.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly. I always have it set to alert only and the auto brake is off. If I turn off the alert also, I get the dash icon that I don't want to see.

I don't have AlfoOBD, so I can't go into calibration mode. I can only align to the proper angle, as mentioned in the PDF. I'm guessing that if it was working before my level, and now it's alarming, that a readjustment to the proper angle might allow it to correct itself after driving for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread