5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Layout change and a few other changes

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make a note of the forum layout change, some of you may remember we were using this style previously but had to give it up after updating the forum software. They finally updated it to work with the newer software so we decided to switch back as I think it is a little nicer than what we have been using as a placeholder. If there are people that prefer the other style I would consider making it a style that you can personally choose.

I have also added comments back to the main site articles using Disqus a few days ago with the hopes of encouraging more viewers engagement of the site, hopefully resulting in a busier forums section.

I also have a professional logo being made for the site as well that I am hoping will be done shortly.
1f44d.png

This is all part of my desire for constant improvement to the site until I get it just how I want it.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Just wanted to make a note of the forum layout change, some of you may remember we were using this style previously but had to give it up after updating the forum software. They finally updated it to work with the newer software so we decided to switch back as I think it is a little nicer than what we have been using as a placeholder. If there are people that prefer the other style I would consider making it a style that you can personally choose.

I have also added comments back to the main site articles using Disqus a few days ago with the hopes of encouraging more viewers engagement of the site, hopefully resulting in a busier forums section.

I also have a professional logo being made for the site as well that I am hoping will be done shortly.
1f44d.png

This is all part of my desire for constant improvement to the site until I get it just how I want it.
Took me a bit to find where to log in and also noticed (for a week now) having to always reselect my info to log in even though I check the box to save !? This IS one of the BEST sites to navigate and IS well laid out . . . kudos
1f44d.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Took me a bit to find where to log in and also noticed (for a week now) having to always reselect my info to log in even though I check the box to save !? This IS one of the BEST sites to navigate and IS well laid out . . . kudos
1f44d.png
Let me know if your login info still isn't saving and I'll look into it. It could also possibly be getting deleted if you're clearing your browsers history or cache.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I originally liked the place holder style better, but now that this is back, I have to say this is more pleasant.

Although being able to have a choice is always good, this works just fine.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Everything is working good here. I have everything saved as soon as I go to main site and hit forums I come directly here. Doesn't matter if I am on work computer or home computer.
1f44d.png

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Let me know if your login info still isn't saving and I'll look into it. It could also possibly be getting deleted if you're clearing your browsers history or cache.
Hmm, you mean MY Apple Browser ? Or you referring to something related to YOU -- I'm not "savvy" when it comes to that sort of thing -- CLOUD ? Don't get me started, what's that . . . ?
263a.png

I always clear MY browser before calling it a day & shutting down . . . that help ? OH, when I click to enter the forum it does "show my LOU.2 but I am having to select it then hit enter -- it's no longer always profiled as before !

OK, thru trial & oops I see what you mean - didn't clear my history then came back what an hour later and YUP, still logged in, so that answers that ! Wondering though, is there a way to "Log Out" before leaving the forum ? Staying "logged in" but leaving is not a security risk ? Just wondering
1f914.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Hmm, you mean MY Apple Browser ? Or you referring to something related to YOU -- I'm not "savvy" when it comes to that sort of thing -- CLOUD ? Don't get me started, what's that . . . ?
263a.png

I always clear MY browser before calling it a day & shutting down . . . that help ? OH, when I click to enter the forum it does "show my LOU.2 but I am having to select it then hit enter -- it's no longer always profiled as before !

OK, thru trial & oops I see what you mean - didn't clear my history then came back what an hour later and YUP, still logged in, so that answers that ! Wondering though, is there a way to "Log Out" before leaving the forum ? Staying "logged in" but leaving is not a security risk ? Just wondering
1f914.png
If you're logged in the only security risk would be if someone was using your computer they would be able to access your account. To log out just click on your username on the upper left hand corner of the screen and click on log out.

Users who are viewing this thread