5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Jeeper from NC

Reaction score
New to the Ram world with a ‘19 Laramie....looking forward to getting to know the community and hopefully can get some good advice on mods...

836CCDDE-1222-4F44-A95B-BDCA35386ADB.jpeg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Interesting time for the Jeep crowd to be switching to Ram trucks.

The JT is going to be produced sometime soon.

@redriderbob just posted some more spy shots of it over on Mopar Insiders

We seem to have a lot of converts from other brands and vehicle types. @RT70808 I could do a poll likethat, but because of all the many different brands it may have to be more generic...with an answer to the poll and a description of the actual brand/vehicle type in the thread.

Thanks for joining us

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Interesting time for the Jeep crowd to be switching to Ram trucks.

The JT is going to be produced sometime soon.

@redriderbob just posted some more spy shots of it over on Mopar Insiders

We seem to have a lot of converts from other brands and vehicle types. @RT70808 I could do a poll likethat, but because of all the many different brands it may have to be more generic...with an answer to the poll and a description of the actual brand/vehicle type in the thread.

Thanks for joining us

Indeed...

https://moparinsiders.com/spotted-production-spec-jeep-wrangler-truck/

Reaction score
I appreciate the efforts of Jeep to get more involved in the truck business... Brute Conversions have been around for some time. If I were to stay in the Wrangler world, it would have only been in a Rubicon for offroad/recovery use. To me, the ability to slightly modify my new Ram into more of an offroad/recovery vehicle and keep all of the creature comforts and usability of the truck made the switch easy. Jeep still doesn't offer a 5.7 Hemi and the 2.0 Turbo "Hurricane" motor is a disaster waiting to happen. And.. as a friend put it.. a $55k JL Rubicon is a $55k JL Rubicon...a $55k Ram Laramie is actually a $45k Ram Laramie.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Ram will definitely work well as a recovery vehicle. Any Reason you didn't go with the Powerwagon?

I know it is sorta larger, but it is ready out the box to be a recovery vehicle and they are being used in many different offroad situations.

It is crazy how much people will pay for a Jeep. I am sure the pickup will be expensive as well.

Users who are viewing this thread