5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford's Pro Power - the only thing that makes me jealous of the new F150

tpetty

Reaction score
We have previously discussed here how borderline useless the electrical outlets in the Ram box are, with most "useful" things drawing more power than it can handle.

Have you guys seen Ford's new "Pro Power" - coming in the 2021 F-150? Looks amazing, and what I wish our Ram could do. Up to 7k watts! Oh well, guess they had to outdo the Ram somehow.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Yea sure would be nice for camping and the I like the higher payload on the f150...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't like that its built into the truck for two reasons. 1) When it needs service the dealership is most likely the only option. I'm sure it's a nightmare to replace if it ever breaks. 2) Portable power stations are more versatile, like they can be used independent of the vehicle. What if you need to run out for more supplies? Un-plug everything and leave people at the job/campsite without power?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I don't like that its built into the truck for two reasons. 1) When it needs service the dealership is most likely the only option. I'm sure it's a nightmare to replace if it ever breaks. 2) Portable power stations are more versatile, like they can be used independent of the vehicle. What if you need to run out for more supplies? Un-plug everything and leave people at the job/campsite without power?

There isn’t additional service involved all they add is a bigger inverter... since they have the large battery on the hybrid anyways they can get that as big as 7.2kw

For me 99% of generator application is when overnight stopping at a Walmart or ******* Barrel and only if AC is needed... all I’d need to do in that case is to run the cable to the truck and run the engine to cool the trailer down... and I wouldn’t have to haul a generator around, mess with gas or burn through my propane... so everyone has their own application but for me I’d definitely be very useful...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is a neat idea if one really needs auxiliary power often.

But at what price? Customization does have a cost that still might make that portable generator more practical.
Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038968 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread