5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford's new on-board 'scales'

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do think there is a sort of tipping point where these trucks are getting TOO much tech, everything will eventually break, and will become nothing but a pita to fix.
Happened to Mercedes with the W140 platform in the early 90’s. They went from vacuum/mechanical systems so fully electronic and with 90+ computers onboard it was a nightmare to diagnose problems, it’s why those cars are so cheap now. Fortunately I think the companies have learned a thing or two in the past 30 years.

As for scales, I use Weigh Safe hitches, they have a drop hitch, weight distribution drop hitch, and even a gooseneck ball all with hydraulic scales. I’ve got a drop hitch scale from them and It’s pretty accurate, +/- 50 pounds usually.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahahahaha omg this guy, meow on guard.
You’re in Russel?? I drove my truck up there last Thanksgiving stayed with family. Brought home some Guidos sausages!

Idk about up there but there’s a meow on guard every 5 minutes down here, someone even meow’d on Miami Center a few months ago🤣

Bo1werman1

Reaction score
Just think about how our world has improved over the last 15 years. Just recently, I was surprised to buy a weight scale, which has many features and synchronization with a smartphone. And now, at work, we've got an F-150 pickup truck with new options. It will now be able to signal overweight on the cargo platform and automatically adjust the stiffness of the shock absorbers. You can monitor the truck's loading level in three ways - on the onboard media system screen, on a smartphone app, and with the help of stylish taillights.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread