5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford F-150 Harley Davidson $97415.00

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Holy overpriced Batman! That better come with a fatboy for that price! The crazy thing is given the limited production they will probably sell for over msrp. I’m not trying to be a hater but the Harley appliqués look very cheap to me and the ford interior is a bit dated for that $$. I do like the seats. Still you can get a whole lot more for you $$$ elsewhere (like Ram!)

Lize

Reaction score
Its mighty expensive for something based on a Lariat and I can't say I'm very impressed by it.

In fact, just been on the Ford website and I had a job to get over $57K with just about every option. I'd want a bit more than shiny primer, some orange badges, alloys, cat back exhaust and dull grey alcantara with unimaginative diamond stitching for $40K!!! Oh and I forgot the impractical hard tonneau cover, I laughed when the guy said you wouldn't get your Harley in the back then.

Of course, if people were to spend that sort of extra cash to mod a Lariat they couldn't use the Harley badges so I'm sure they'll be very popular.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not a Harley fan either. Not at all.

Could this be a "feeler" truck? All of the brands say they haven't found the ceiling for what people will pay for a premium truck. It's debatable how premium this truck is, but seems like a safe way to test the waters.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
One of the DUMBEST marketing moves Ford ever made in my opinion was replacing/discontinuing the SVT Lightning's in 05 but keeping the "Harley Davidson Edition" Trucks

Talk about alienating a huge chunk of people that don't ride nor care for Harley's,

This thing is WAY over priced and is it even Supercharged?!

Maybe if Ram brings back an SRT Truck Ford' will bring back a Lightning

Last edited:

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
I watched the TFL video and the truck on the show didn't even come with a factory installed brake controller. For 97k, I'd expect it to have one. Somebody with 97k would probably want to tow their Harley's with their new truck. But no, you gotta add something on to the already ridiculous sticker. That's about 25k more than a fully loaded Raptor. Two completely different buyers and vehicle segments but that is crazy.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford had a couple of garbage engines, no offense if anyone owned one of these. The 5.4L the lightning was based on was one.

smiles5619

Reaction score
I won't lie, it's a nice looking truck. Love the sound. But Jesus almost $100,000 for it! I'll stay with my Ram Sport-Rebel and upgrade the exhaust lol

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford had a couple of garbage engines, no offense if anyone owned one of these. The 5.4L the lightning was based on was one.

Yeah I had a 5.4 in a ‘06 F-150 and didn’t have it long enough to have any problems. It was ok powerwise for that time. My dad currently has a ‘05 F-150 with the 5.4 with over 225,000 miles and hasn’t had any problems, lucky I guess. On the other hand, a friend of mine and a neighbor to the north both have had the 5.4 and have had multiple issues with them. Back in the day they both always and only had Ford. They also both had 2003 Ford’s with the 6.0 diesel. Nothin but trouble. One actually had to have two motors replaced before 80,000 miles. Back in 2012 they both bought new Ram 2500’s with the Cummins and they still have them today!:unsure:o_O

grinch72

Reaction score
It's not a Ford product. It is an aftermarket company that does it. Hence the cost. I'm sure Ford could've done it FAR cheaper!!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I had a 5.4 in a ‘06 F-150 and didn’t have it long enough to have any problems. It was ok powerwise for that time. My dad currently has a ‘05 F-150 with the 5.4 with over 225,000 miles and hasn’t had any problems, lucky I guess. On the other hand, a friend of mine and a neighbor to the north both have had the 5.4 and have had multiple issues with them. Back in the day they both always and only had Ford. They also both had 2003 Ford’s with the 6.0 diesel. Nothin but trouble. One actually had to have two motors replaced before 80,000 miles. Back in 2012 they both bought new Ram 2500’s with the Cummins and they still have them today!:unsure:o_O

225,000 on a 5.4 seems pretty darn good. I'd guess your dad does a great job of vehicle maintenance.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
225,000 on a 5.4 seems pretty darn good. I'd guess your dad does a great job of vehicle maintenance.
He has been fortunate. Truck is rusting out in places, and has had a new tranny but the engine has been good, surprising. Kinda like a few of those 6.0 stock powerstroke unicorns out there with over 200,000 miles.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dad had a 1999 Lincoln Navigator with the 5.4L He towed a 24ft enclosed trailer full of concrete finishing equipment with it for most of his ownership. After 430,000 miles, he bought a new one and gave the old one to my brother. With the exception of coil pack replacements every 100K miles, and one cracked (I'd argue...tired) radiator, he never had any other issues with the vehicle. Engine nor tranny were ever removed. Now that folks...is the unicorn. All true though. But I still drive a new Ram Limited!!!

Pepper

Reaction score
Bob Fox of Fox Shocks bought Tuscany (the outfitter putting together the Harley Editions) and they sold this package to Ford easily by saying we'll buy middle of the road XLT's & Lariat's and convert them at our factory as long as you will carry them on the lot. Tuscany, SCA Performance, Rocky Ridge they all sell a kit with a cheap *** entry level ($900) 6" lift with spacers in the front, blocks in the rear, add seat covers, wheels, tires and stickers and put an addendum sticker on the truck stating it's a $20,400 add on. They all look good sitting there but are worthless kits.

I bought an SCA Black Widow F-150 that had the paint chipping off the steering wheel and doors in 5 months, chipped fender flares at 8 months, ****ty $40 shocks and rode like a covered wagon with wooden wheels across the Kansas plains.
Truck1A.jpg

Then I had one built by Custom Trucks Unlimited in Dallas, they put on an 8" BDS 4-Link Suspension Lift with Fox coilovers and Fox 2.0 shocks with external resevoirs all up front, added Atlas Leaf Springs to raise the rear and added Fox 2.0 Shocks with external resevoirs in the rear, Dual Fox Steering Stabilizers, S&B CAI, Tumbleweed Headache Rack with Bed Rails, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 38x13.50x22 Tires, Fuel Forged 22x14 Wheels for $15,977. I later added Ranch Hand Bumpers front and rear. But still to this day the only truck that has ever come close or matched that ride has been my new RAM 1500 Limited with the airbags. The big truck had less body roll but overall ride quality is pretty darn close.
WORK TRUCK 1D.jpg

Sorry for the rant, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread