5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those with air suspensions looking for a lift kit

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Last Sunday I had a chance to drive a 2018 Ram Rebel with a dealer installed 4 Inch BDS air suspension lift. Overall I was very impressed with the way the truck drove with the lift kit, it drove like stock for the most part, yeah with an additional 4 inches of ground clearance and 35s as opposed to 33s you noticed it a bit in the cornering but overall the truck drove very nicely. BDS is apparently working on a lift for the 2019 trucks with the air suspension and after driving this I can say it would be a very viable alternative. I cut and pasted the part that I think you guys would find relevant, if you wanted to see the whole review click here: https://moparinsiders.com/2018-ram-1500-rebel-quick-take-review/

Once again, thanks to our friends at Abbotsford Chrysler, I had the opportunity to review the 2018 Ram 1500 Rebel. What makes this particular Rebel special is the fact that it has a dealer installed 4 inch BDS lift kit and is riding on 20 inch Fuel wheels with 35×12.50R20 tires. Lift kits for air suspension equipped Rams have become a bit of a hot topic lately. Many new customers are taking interest in the Ram brand with the introduction of the all new 2019 Ram 1500 which combined with the air suspension being available on more trim levels, has created a lot of questions about whether or not you can lift an air suspension equipped truck. While BDS had had this kit available to 4th Gen trucks for awhile, I have heard that they are currently developing a similar setup for 2019 Ram 1500s equipped with the air suspension. The larger tires make the truck feel a little sluggish compared to stock but it still has more than enough power and is a trade off you will get putting larger tires on any vehicle. All of the built in air suspension settings are retained with the lift kit, with the truck automatically raising and lowering based on pre set speeds. I was very impressed with the way the truck drove overall, it felt like driving a stock Ram 1500 which in itself is a testament to the BDS lift kit and the air suspension itself.

jscoc

Reaction score
I called bds last week from what I know they were the only ones with a lift for air suspension trucks besides the company's that make the lift links, the woman I spoke to told me to check back around September to see about development of the lift kit for the 2019, I'm hoping they do make a kit for them and make it available for all trims right away this time. I know there was a delay for the 4th gen rebels when they came out with the kit it wasn't recommended for rebels at first, only time with tell but it will definitely be nice for the guys who picked up limiteds who want to lift there trucks.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I would like just to lower mine from the rear to match my front, any help anyone

MOPAR Sean

Reaction score
Last Sunday I had a chance to drive a 2018 Ram Rebel with a dealer installed 4 Inch BDS air suspension lift. Overall I was very impressed with the way the truck drove with the lift kit, it drove like stock for the most part, yeah with an additional 4 inches of ground clearance and 35s as opposed to 33s you noticed it a bit in the cornering but overall the truck drove very nicely. BDS is apparently working on a lift for the 2019 trucks with the air suspension and after driving this I can say it would be a very viable alternative. I cut and pasted the part that I think you guys would find relevant, if you wanted to see the whole review click here: https://moparinsiders.com/2018-ram-1500-rebel-quick-take-review/

Once again, thanks to our friends at Abbotsford Chrysler, I had the opportunity to review the 2018 Ram 1500 Rebel. What makes this particular Rebel special is the fact that it has a dealer installed 4 inch BDS lift kit and is riding on 20 inch Fuel wheels with 35×12.50R20 tires. Lift kits for air suspension equipped Rams have become a bit of a hot topic lately. Many new customers are taking interest in the Ram brand with the introduction of the all new 2019 Ram 1500 which combined with the air suspension being available on more trim levels, has created a lot of questions about whether or not you can lift an air suspension equipped truck. While BDS had had this kit available to 4th Gen trucks for awhile, I have heard that they are currently developing a similar setup for 2019 Ram 1500s equipped with the air suspension. The larger tires make the truck feel a little sluggish compared to stock but it still has more than enough power and is a trade off you will get putting larger tires on any vehicle. All of the built in air suspension settings are retained with the lift kit, with the truck automatically raising and lowering based on pre set speeds. I was very impressed with the way the truck drove overall, it felt like driving a stock Ram 1500 which in itself is a testament to the BDS lift kit and the air suspension itself.

So funny, I was just browsing forums looking for kits for the 2019 Rebel and I stumble upon this. I thought to myself "this looks a heck of a lot like the one I got sitting outside my window on the showroom pad." loandbehold, it's the same truck. Small world..

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
2019 1500 Air ride trucks will be able to lift it with bds 4" at the end of april according to BDS personnel just called yesterday

Rich2019Rebel

Reaction score
2019 1500 Air ride trucks will be able to lift it with bds 4" at the end of april according to BDS personnel just called yesterday
What front leveling links did you use?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I
good insight! If you speak with them again I’d be curious to know if it will fit Rebel air ride as well as non-rebel models as RC was very specific about that

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice looking 2018. Hope they get the 19's lift figured out, lotsa' potential business there!
I used to live in Abby... but I bought my F150 from MSA Ford instead.

thatguy247

Reaction score
So I just looked into the lift kits for the 2019's, they have one for the trucks w/o air ride, but so far nothing with air ride... I emailed BDS to see if there's any word on if/when we might be able to expect something, I'll keep you posted,

mallen89

Reaction score
So I just looked into the lift kits for the 2019's, they have one for the trucks w/o air ride, but so far nothing with air ride... I emailed BDS to see if there's any word on if/when we might be able to expect something, I'll keep you posted,

I’ve inquired about the bds kits for ram rebels with air ride and all they would say on their Instagram was that it’s in the works, but company policy forbids any further details. Anyone heard anything else about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/