5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Those That Do Not Like Start/Stop Functionality

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Seen this a while back. No one seems to have tried it I’m still waiting on long term reviews.. do you personally own one?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seen this a while back. No one seems to have tried it I’m still waiting on long term reviews.. do you personally own one?
I have one on my daughter's SUV and they work great and super easy to install. They have an excellent reputation. I was going to buy one. But, now that I have had my truck for a few months, the SS feature is so smooth and well designed, I actually don't mind it at all. I just posted this because not all folks will feel the same way I do about my SS and may want to give this a try.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have something similar on my JGC that plugs into the OBDII port. basically it remembers that you turned it off and you manually have to turn it back on. Works nice and haven't had any issues.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to locate a free option on the F150 forums when I had my F150. Someone figured out the pinout wiring of the disable switch. They suggested that you jumper two pins from the back side of the switch. At every start, the truck got the signal that the button was pushed and it disabled start/stop. I had this on my truck until the day I turned it in. It was a 10 minute job, so paying $99 was not worth the cost to me.

I don't have start/stop on my Rebel, but I hated it in the summer in Florida. Around Orlando, the government must have a large relationship with the gas companies for the tax dollars, so they set up lights every 10' it seems. I would sit at lights or in stop and go traffic so much, that the AC would cause the truck to start and stop during a single light cycle. It became annoying.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was able to locate a free option on the F150 forums when I had my F150. Someone figured out the pinout wiring of the disable switch. They suggested that you jumper two pins from the back side of the switch. At every start, the truck got the signal that the button was pushed and it disabled start/stop. I had this on my truck until the day I turned it in. It was a 10 minute job, so paying $99 was not worth the cost to me.

I don't have start/stop on my Rebel, but I hated it in the summer in Florida. Around Orlando, the government must have a large relationship with the gas companies for the tax dollars, so they set up lights every 10' it seems. I would sit at lights or in stop and go traffic so much, that the AC would cause the truck to start and stop during a single light cycle. It became annoying.
All we need to do is find someone to buy it, take it a part and share what they find. We can then chip in and each pay a small portion of the cost. The device actually connects to the large plug on the Security Gateway Module.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally own two and have since October 2020. Zero issues and works like a charm on both family Rams - 2020 Laramie and a 2020 Lone Star. Plug and play simple to install with no CELs, no problems at all. Left it installed on the Laramie for its oil change and they didn’t say a word about it nor could their dongle/software tell a difference.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I personally own two and have since October 2020. Zero issues and works like a charm on both family Rams - 2020 Laramie and a 2020 Lone Star. Plug and play simple to install with no CELs, no problems at all. Left it installed on the Laramie for its oil change and they didn’t say a word about it nor could their dongle/software tell a difference.
Any issues with th “start/stop not available” warning, I been turning mine off with th button but I started getting this warning I thing it’s related to the etorque battery and it not charging up due to the start stop being off

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any issues with th “start/stop not available” warning, I been turning mine off with th button but I started getting this warning I thing it’s related to the etorque battery and it not charging up due to the start stop being off
No warnings, no CELs, no issues whatsoever.

XoVoX

Reaction score
While I understand the annoyance with the SS feature on literally every other truck/car I've driven, this SS setup they have on these trucks is phenomenal. The e torque system handles any delay in acceleration from a stop by giving it that little bump. I was looking for a solution to this the minute I saw the truck had it, before I even bought it, but I watched a video on youtube that had the engineer in it and it changed my whole thinking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/