5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the secret society - Black paint - front quarter panel?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a black dodge charger that had this same thing. It's a difference of material, is what I was told. The fenders had like a greenish tint to it if you held a light to it, whereas the plastic parts were completely black. It would bother me if I noticed it. I'll have to check mine when I leave work.
Yeah, of course they're going to say that. They will say anything except accept blame...

d19r93

Reaction score
Yeah, of course they're going to say that. They will say anything except accept blame...
That was a body shop, rather than the dealer. But I'm sure there's validity in your statement! I did check mine, and it appears to have the same paint "tint" and metallic flake in the little pieces below the headlight, as expected.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Did they admit it was the wrong color??

Well, they painted it for free, so I never worried about them admitting it, but the lady at the collision center could see what I was seeing.

Skud

Reaction score
There are others having the same issue with the ivory white pearl. This is my truck. I’ve also been told that this is normal. Currently fighting with RAM customer service in getting it fixed under warranty.

57648d6a16b082b276fe8ca2af60fe63.jpg

37a98a725f7bda9f0125094d437a6285.jpg

Riley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cravenfan

Reaction score
There are others having the same issue with the ivory white pearl. This is my truck. I’ve also been told that this is normal. Currently fighting with RAM customer service in getting it fixed under warranty.

Riley

Sorry, can’t help ya, #ALLBLACKDODGERAM!!

Just joking, that would drive me nuts. Must be something different with those panels vs. the rest of the plastic parts on the fender flares, Rambox, etc?

Skud

Reaction score
Sorry, can’t help ya, #ALLBLACKDODGERAM!!

Just joking, that would drive me nuts. Must be something different with those panels vs. the rest of the plastic parts on the fender flares, Rambox, etc?

Lol.

Yeah. It’s only these two panels. All the other plastic panels look okay. I’ve been told that these panels are manufactured by another company. Maybe they’re using a different paint process.

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score

Riley

Wow, that's really obvious.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Riley

Those wheels are nice. That paint is not!

Skud

Reaction score
Those wheels are nice. That paint is not!

Thanks. They’re Sport Terrain TK8 in dark silver. I put Blizzak DMV2 tires on and they were the cheapest 20” wheels available on Tire Rack that I could make a package out of.

GaryT

Reaction score
Someone mentioned it earlier, but the bumper covers are painted at a different facility. I am on my third Challenger, and all 3 have had variences in the paint between the bumper covers and the rest of the car. I bought all 3 new.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Someone mentioned it earlier, but the bumper covers are painted at a different facility. I am on my third Challenger, and all 3 have had variences in the paint between the bumper covers and the rest of the car. I bought all 3 new.

They must only be doing those pieces then, as the rest of the grill, bumper housing, fender trim, etc. are all the correct color, matching the truck. You'd think they would realize their issue and bring the parts in to do the painting within the same paint code and batches. :rolleyes:

Skud

Reaction score
The crazy part is that I've been arguing and pleading with two dealers AND RAM Customer Care to get this fixed. They just tell me that's the way it is and it's normal for white vehicles. Everyone I show the issue to recognizes that there is a problem, sees that it's an obvious mismatch, admits that it's really bad, but then doesn't want to fix it. I don't get it.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
The crazy part is that I've been arguing and pleading with two dealers AND RAM Customer Care to get this fixed. They just tell me that's the way it is and it's normal for white vehicles. Everyone I show the issue to recognizes that there is a problem, sees that it's an obvious mismatch, admits that it's really bad, but then doesn't want to fix it. I don't get it.

Telling you something you already know, but if Ram is doing it for other trucks, they should do it for all that ask for it to be fixed. It was a 3 day thing for me, from drop off to pickup, they paid for the rental car, etc. Repainted them with the same paint as the rest of the truck...voila, matches!

Skud

Reaction score
Got my truck back after 10 days at the dealer. They won't fix it - they said RAM told them not to fix it. I also received a call from "Enhanced" RAM Customer Satisfaction. They told me that the issue is normal for my vehicle and it will not be fixed.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Got my truck back after 10 days at the dealer. They won't fix it - they said RAM told them not to fix it. I also received a call from "Enhanced" RAM Customer Satisfaction. They told me that the issue is normal for my vehicle and it will not be fixed.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

I guess I feel lucky then...sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread