5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?? For the Lowered Crowd

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I have the maxtrac kit and had rear sway really bad until I called and they told me u have to position the rear springs a certain way. Made a big difference once I did that. I love my kit and I have it really aggressive at 3/5 I also cut the rear bump stop and bump stop bracket and that solved the bottoming out. Rear helper bags are a must though when doing this. View attachment 101798 View attachment 101799 View attachment 101800 View attachment 101801 View attachment 101802
Man that thing sits sooooo nice. I can't wait to get my drop on wheel combo on my truck.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I have the maxtrac kit and had rear sway really bad until I called and they told me u have to position the rear springs a certain way. Made a big difference once I did that. I love my kit and I have it really aggressive at 3/5 I also cut the rear bump stop and bump stop bracket and that solved the bottoming out. Rear helper bags are a must though when doing this. View attachment 101798 View attachment 101799 View attachment 101800 View attachment 101801 View attachment 101802
If you don't mind when you have a minute could you measure the fender to ground height front and rear and pinch weld (accurate approximation is fine for this)

soSincerious

Reaction score
yea I get the angles of the pics show different. Can you measure top of the tire to the fender well straight in the middle? Maybe that would help.
Just measured tonight on flat level ground. I went from the middle of the center cap to the fender. That seems to be a good standard that folks on here use.

LF 20 3/4 // RF 20 7/8
LR 22 // RR 22 1/2

Bangbang

Reaction score
Yep, it's a mild drop, and looks proper. Once you level out with a 2/4 it looks so much lower. I prefer rake, and it keeps the truck functional

Very simple parts list. Front lowering struts and rear drop springs, that's it.
Love the look of your truck. I have a white BTS 2023. This is exactly what I'm trying to go with. Do you have the link for the exact parts you used? I appreciate that a lot

Qball814

Reaction score
So i have air ride, i want to lower the rear 2”, 1 to lose the rake and 2 for better piece of mind entering and exiting my garage. I did this with drop coils on my 2016, but the air ride is new to me. I am looking at the revel links just in the rear. Who here can comment on this?

KPeak

Reaction score
So i have air ride, i want to lower the rear 2”, 1 to lose the rake and 2 for better piece of mind entering and exiting my garage. I did this with drop coils on my 2016, but the air ride is new to me. I am looking at the revel links just in the rear. Who here can comment on this?

There is a thread about the links and overview. They will work like described but the rear is physically limited on how low you can go before the system will have errors. I’m pretty sure you can get a 2” drop out if it but I’d also purchase alfaOBD if I were you that way you are able to manage more of the height parameters.

This is as low as I can get mine with the links.
IMG_0689.jpeg

Qball814

Reaction score
There is a thread about the links and overview. They will work like described but the rear is physically limited on how low you can go before the system will have errors. I’m pretty sure you can get a 2” drop out if it but I’d also purchase alfaOBD if I were you that way you are able to manage more of the height parameters.

This is as low as I can get mine with the links.
View attachment 169782
i got my links on and was able to put it on the bump stops in entry/exit mode without any errors. it took some tweaking to fine tune it but the rear dropped about 1.5" i will probably putting on the Belltec bumpstops for another inch or so. Ill get some pics of mine soon. Your truck is almost identical to mine! Gorgeous truck bro!!!!

Bangbang

Reaction score
I finally pulled a trigger on installing a maxtrax 2/4 lowering kit and 2" spacer on the rear to achieve a 2/2 drop on a BTS 2023. It's lower than I want to and it looks like my truck is squatting. I measured it on even ground and I get even FL36 FR36 RL36 RR36. What optical illusion is this? Lol also, is there a way my truck won't squat when I put some load into it and I'm looking for ways to have a better ride because it's really rough at the moment. Appreciate the response

Attachments

• PXL_20231022_135815238.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231022_135815238.MP.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20231025_133526609.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231025_133526609.MP.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20231022_135817965.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231022_135817965.MP.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 33

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m confused. If you do a 2/4 drop, it makes the truck level because the rear has so much rake. You did a 2/4 drop, and then added 2” back to the rear. It should still be higher in the back than the front. At least that is what I’m thinking.

Call Steven at Timber Grove, tell him what you are trying to achieve, and he will help you out. Best customer service in the business and he is always willing to take the time to speak with customers. I‘m using his 4” drop coil replacement bags and I’m happy with them. I recently loaded up about 800 lbs. of concrete bags, bags of rock, and some other items and simply aired up my bags to make the rear level. The bags will support up to 6k lbs.

This might work for you.

This is another option, but you have to add air first to keep the truck from squatting. They expand inside the coil spring to keep the spring from compressing as much. I’ve had them before and did not like them. I felt the ride was too stiff and I couldn’t raise and lower the back of the truck with them.

Last edited:

Bangbang

Reaction score
I’m confused. If you do a 2/4 drop, it makes the truck level because the rear has so much rake. You did a 2/4 drop, and then added 2” back to the rear. It should still be higher in the back than the front. At least that is what I’m thinking.

Call Steven at Timber Grove, tell him what you are trying to achieve, and he will help you out. Best customer service in the business and he is always willing to take the time to speak with customers. I‘m using his 4” drop coil replacement bags and I’m happy with them. I recently loaded up about 800 lbs. of concrete bags, bags of rock, and some other items and simply aired up my bags to make the rear level. The bags will support up to 6k lbs.

This might work for you.

This is another option, but you have to add air first to keep the truck from squatting. They expand inside the coil spring to keep the spring from compressing as much. I’ve had them before and did not like them. I felt the ride was too stiff and I couldn’t raise and lower the back of the truck with them.

This might work for you.

Maybe

Thank you for the reply. I'm confused too tbh. Maybe it's because when I got my BTS it was already levelled for some reason? Not sure. How is the ride quality with the bags installed? Do you deflate it when you're not carrying? And what are your thoughts on Timbrens if you have any?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride is fine to me. It is a little stiffer than stock, but it’s a lowered truck and that is to be expected. The bags I have (CRM’s) completely replace the coils springs, so they stay inflated to whatever air pressure maintains the ride height you desire. I keep mine at a height that keeps the truck level. If I’m loading stuff in the bed, I can dump all the air out and lower the frame to the axle and then just air it back up once I’m done. You will need on-board air for that. The Timber Grove bags are a bolt in kit and fairly easy to install. I have no experience with the Timbrens.

For more information, read my build thread. Don’t get overwhelmed, I did a lot of custom work, but if you are going for basic, just doing the bolt-in will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread