5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all you first responders out there..

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many of you guys have your truck set up with emergency lights? I use my truck to respond directly to medical scenes or to the station if it's a call that requires an engine. Lets see you setups!

My setup includes - Feniex Fusion ILB, Soundoff mPowers in the grille, a soundoff headlight flasher, feniex fusions under the running boards, fusions under the tailgate and tail light flasher. All controlled by a Feniex Mini 4200.

Since the making of the video, I have added T3s in the rear window and disabled the white flashing license plate light - that wasn't intended to flash, I just wired it in wrong. Opinions welcome

Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, check this install out I did a few days ago - golf cart for my dad to be used in their Christmas parade. It's only used in their private gated community so no issues with running the blue and red lights on it.

Dave07

Reaction score
That’s a very nice setup you have there.

I live in PA, and we are only allowed blue lights. Under the law, the blue light gives you no special rights as far as traffic is concerned (people aren’t required to get out of the way). The blue just says your going to an emergency, could you pretty please get out of the way.

With that being said, I just have a light that suction cups to my windshield. I only use it when we get tripped out for something that needs a quicker response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a very nice setup you have there.

I live in PA, and we are only allowed blue lights. Under the law, the blue light gives you no special rights as far as traffic is concerned (people aren’t required to get out of the way). The blue just says your going to an emergency, could you pretty please get out of the way.

With that being said, I just have a light that suction cups to my windshield. I only use it when we get tripped out for something that needs a quicker response.

Nice - here in Florida it is the law to yield to emergency vehicles which our POVs become when we activate our warning lights. Of course, a lot of folks don't care since it's not their emergency and either don't pull over or they speed up and try to outrun us. We don't run sirens here, only lights.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in our local area, the laws changed last year. Now the Sheriff's Dept. sets up scenes on the side and you as a civilian have 1 of 2 choices:
1 - move over to the farthest lane away from the emergency lights (stopped on the side of the road)
2 - slow down below the posted speed limit (if you are unable to move over a lane due to parallel traffic).

The 1st 6 months, the sheriff's dept. would pull people over to advise them of the new laws and give them a verbal warning. Cell Phone use was also added at the same time (during the state voting session).

Same with moving traffic - I have seen so many times people running in the left (fast) lane on the Interstate and an emergency vehicle is rolling "hot". The person in the left lane (normally out of state), slows down and puts their hands up as if to say, "where am I to go" or "what am I doing wrong". I still can't believe in this day and age people don't know to move out of the way .. I always tell them, "so what if it was one of your loved ones who they were headed to help? You are blocking them from saving their life!"

I bet if a FB or other social media post was blasted to their cells while they were driving, they'd be like, "Oh! Hey! lemme move over and take a selfie when it passes" :p

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Been Career FF for 17 years and I have been in a lot of very irritating situations where people will not move out of the way, even lock eyes on you but will just keep driving towards you.

Dave07

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but we always get that one car that doesn’t move over on a call! Frustrating!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but we always get that one car that doesn’t move over on a call! Frustrating!

We’ve had a lady literally tell us she will move when she gets done talking to her friend. We were pulling down a residential street arriving on scene and couldn’t get past her. She didn’t care since it wasn’t her emergency...

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Nice setup, like the fitment in the grill. Why didn't you use the built in flasher in the 4200 mini?

I'm having a hard time determining a plan for mine. Doing Strobes n More tailgater in the rear but don't want any interior lights. I'd like to fit some M4s behind the grill but not sure about grill removal or how to mount. Probably add a flasher to fogs and tails. Sides was going to put Fusions from my last vehicle in the fenderliners. I only run courtesy and block mva's since I'm closest in town to a dangerous curve so don't need much on the sides.

Last edited:

11b101abn

Reaction score
How many of you guys have your truck set up with emergency lights? I use my truck to respond directly to medical scenes or to the station if it's a call that requires an engine. Lets see you setups!

My setup includes - Feniex Fusion ILB, Soundoff mPowers in the grille, a soundoff headlight flasher, feniex fusions under the running boards, fusions under the tailgate and tail light flasher. All controlled by a Feniex Mini 4200.

Since the making of the video, I have added T3s in the rear window and disabled the white flashing license plate light - that wasn't intended to flash, I just wired it in wrong. Opinions welcome

Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.

Im not a giant fan of VFF using lights to respond to much of anything, without first attending EVOC. That said, I really do dig your lighting. Not over done and well placed. On top of it all, God bless you, sir for using amber to the rear.

11b101abn

Reaction score
We’ve had a lady literally tell us she will move when she gets done talking to her friend. We were pulling down a residential street arriving on scene and couldn’t get past her. She didn’t care since it wasn’t her emergency...

In my state, that would be obstruction/hindering a firefighter. She would go to jail. Next time, call the PD or Sheriff's Office and get the offending party removed.

11b101abn

Reaction score
Also, check this install out I did a few days ago - golf cart for my dad to be used in their Christmas parade. It's only used in their private gated community so no issues with running the blue and red lights on it.

We use a couple of Polaris to patrol the recreational trails in my county. Lights are similar, except blue and clear.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im not a giant fan of VFF using lights to respond to much of anything, without first attending EVOC. That said, I really do dig your lighting. Not over done and well placed. On top of it all, God bless you, sir for using amber to the rear.
I'm actually a career firefighter (not that I am one of those guys who says volunteers are lesser than career). I work for two departments - one being my full time gig, 24 on 48 off. My secondary department is where I use my lights. It's a combination department where I am one of the paid Lieutenant/Paramedics there. We are transitioning to a full time department hopefully this year. But, in regards to your EVOC comment, all of our members are put through EVOC before being allowed to even get behind the wheel of any of the rigs much less use red lights in their POV.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice setup, like the fitment in the grill. Why didn't you use the built in flasher in the 4200 mini?

I'm having a hard time determining a plan for mine. Doing Strobes n More tailgater in the rear but don't want any interior lights. I'd like to fit some M4s behind the grill but not sure about grill removal or how to mount. Probably add a flasher to fogs and tails. Sides was going to put Fusions from my last vehicle in the fenderliners. I only run courtesy and block mva's since I'm closest in town to a dangerous curve so don't need much on the sides.
I didn't use the mini 4200 flasher because those are only rated for 3 amps max on each output. I'm not sure what each high beam draws on these trucks. plus, the soundoff flasher has multiple patterns to choose from if I want to change it up any.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I hope your EVOC course is more intense than the NYS mandated course. I'm our VACs driving instructor, EVOC teaches about 5% of what our drivers need to know driving code.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does your State allow citations? (after-the-fact via USPS)?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope your EVOC course is more intense than the NYS mandated course. I'm our VACs driving instructor, EVOC teaches about 5% of what our drivers need to know driving code.
We actually use CEVO, and yes..it’s a true course they have to pass and about 5 hours of classroom times going over all the do’s and don’ts. They also all have to do 2 hours of driver training on each truck before they’re cleared to drive the truck by themselves. But as everyone knows, no amount of training can replace common sense lol

Users who are viewing this thread