5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding Mirrors Reset

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
As anyone experienced an issue with their folding mirror just after it returns to its driving position? Mine makes a bit of noise and then shakes a bit then stops. I normally fold in the mirrors when parked. On folding them back out to drive the passenger mirror folds back to the correct position but then makes a grinding sound and pops up from the stationary part. It does this twice then its none. Any incite is appreciated.

ryanJ

Reaction score
I just posted the same problem in another thread, typically the passengers mirror but the drivers has done it once.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a well known issue, I believe there’s a few other threads about it. I’ve had both mirrors replaced under warranty because the gears were stripped.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My drivers mirror did this for a while and then finally got to the point it broke and wouldn't fold properly and I had to get it replaced.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As anyone experienced an issue with their folding mirror just after it returns to its driving position? Mine makes a bit of noise and then shakes a bit then stops. I normally fold in the mirrors when parked. On folding them back out to drive the passenger mirror folds back to the correct position but then makes a grinding sound and pops up from the stationary part. It does this twice then its none. Any incite is appreciated.
I just posted the same problem in another thread, typically the passengers mirror but the drivers has done it once.

Hi @Ram1500DS & @ryanJ - If you do move forward addressing this with your dealers, our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to escalate cases on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
After waiting about two weeks my replacement mirror (passenger) arrived and was installed, although it needed to go back into the shop because they forgot to secure it tightly. Five days later the passenger (replacement) mirror stopped folding. Everything else worked. So back to the dealer we go only to find our that the motor that does the folding was bad and an entirely new mirror had to be ordered. So I wait until the new one arrives, then back to the dealer for the install. Then how long until that fails?? I think FCA has gotten so large a corporation that not enough attention is being paid to their quality; but that of their suppliers. Since 2014 I have been with FCA my grand Cherokee had 6-7 recalls and a number of items that would get fixed for free if you complained. Now the Ram 1500 has had two recalls, significant water leak where they replaced the windshield which wasn't even the problem. Significant wind noise on the rear doors, some plastic items missing and now the mirror issue. By the way my truck has only 5000 miles and is a year old in Aug 2020. The consumer should not be the QA department.

Rich51

Reaction score
I was having issues with mine folding back out. They would attempt to fold out twice with a slight popping noise. I took it to the dealer and they ordered me two new mirrors said the motors were bad. Took it in today to have them replaced hope that's it. @Ram1500DS I know the feeling. I had a 2017 Rebel that I had to lemon law, looked seriously at a F150 but came back to the 2019 Ram. I had the rear window leak, noise from front suspension, radio issue, and now the mirrors. I think next time I look for a new truck I am not sure I will just go back to another Ram. Like you said they are having more and more issues and my uncles with F150's don't have that many, I have asked. But I do love the Ram when the issues are all sorted out.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have all the above also, just today the mirror made a popping noise trying to reaet it self, now seems like the wind w blow it back twrd the window has alot of freeplay now, its never ending

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After waiting about two weeks my replacement mirror (passenger) arrived and was installed, although it needed to go back into the shop because they forgot to secure it tightly. Five days later the passenger (replacement) mirror stopped folding. Everything else worked. So back to the dealer we go only to find our that the motor that does the folding was bad and an entirely new mirror had to be ordered. So I wait until the new one arrives, then back to the dealer for the install. Then how long until that fails?? I think FCA has gotten so large a corporation that not enough attention is being paid to their quality; but that of their suppliers. Since 2014 I have been with FCA my grand Cherokee had 6-7 recalls and a number of items that would get fixed for free if you complained. Now the Ram 1500 has had two recalls, significant water leak where they replaced the windshield which wasn't even the problem. Significant wind noise on the rear doors, some plastic items missing and now the mirror issue. By the way my truck has only 5000 miles and is a year old in Aug 2020. The consumer should not be the QA department.
All the manufacturers have lots of recalls these days - can't remember the year but there was a new law passed that greatly increased the frequency of recalls where in the past they just didn't say anything about major problems. I have a fleet of approx 75 Ford trucks at work and we get at least 1 recall per year for each model we run - F150/250/350 and transit vans.

Users who are viewing this thread