5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding Mirrors Hitting Windows

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
I have the aftermarket slide on tow mirrors, they touch the glass

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear it. My experience has been different than yours. It’s possible that there have been improvements since 2019, but I doubt it. Therefore, I’ll stick with not using them.

Like I said, both of mine broke on my previous truck and the mirrors became loose and flopped around. It’s not just that the power fold stopped working, they physically broke and were flopping around.

There are plenty of posts here and elsewhere with folks complaining how cheaply made they are.. plastic gears, etc.

For me, the first sign that they are not very well made is that the motor continues to run for 1 - 2 seconds after the mirror has stopped moving. That cannot be good for the plastic gear.
My buddy had a 19, I had a 20, my brother has a 21, and my buddy now has a 22. No problems ever with any of them. They sounded like they hit the glass, but didn't.

Triple6

Reaction score
He just doesn't want to actually get off the couch and go out and try any one of the awesome suggested ways to see if this happens. In my opinion if he thinks they hit the glass on his truck, then so be it.

1923bob

Reaction score
I fold my mirrors in every time my truck gets parked in the driveway... mine does NOT hit the glass. i just checked b.c of this thread.
I looked at mine yesterday and they don't hit the glass they fold in when off and out when on. no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread