5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding Mirrors 2019 Ram 1500

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am starting to hear a clicking noise in my driver size mirror when folding it in. It hasn't been skipping or jumping yet. Is this worth bringing in and having the dealer look at?

Reaction score
Does it sound like the gears are grinding? I literally had my passengers get replaced after the grinding/slipping get replaced and the drivers side went out 1 week after fixing the passengers side. 2019 Ram. First time they had to order parts and held my truck for 3 days to fix, second time I knew what it was told them to order the parts and let me know when it was there. Took it in and fixed in 1 hour.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t even get my truck yet and I can already hear the clicking. Lol

Barqs

Reaction score
I am starting to hear a clicking noise in my driver size mirror when folding it in. It hasn't been skipping or jumping yet. Is this worth bringing in and having the dealer look at?
I let my passenger's side go until it wouldn't fold or extend but would sit and "pop" and shift around before getting it replaced. At first they tried to tell me it just needed "calibration", but after a few hours of playing with it they recognized the broken gear sound and replaced the mirror. So now that my driver's side started popping, I'm going to mention it at my next visit while I'm still under warranty to get it replaced before I turn over 36k. I hardly fold in my mirrors out of fear they'll break again.

My wife's Grand Cherokee has power folding mirrors and they move like butter. She has it set where they fold in whenever she locks the car and it's never sounded like they were going to fail. IMO the RAM mirrors are junk, and it makes me sad. This is the first RAM I had with power folding mirrors and I wanted to use them, but just cannot trust them.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Well, Add me to the list on broken folding mirrors 😩,passenger side folds in but won’t deploy and the drivers side is making a loud clunk sound before operation. Heading to dealer on the 21st.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Just back from the dealer, they replaced both mirrors. Drivers had a gear problem and the passenger side they think was a software issue.

geo1367

Reaction score
Mine started this when I accidentally hit the retract button twice. Was hopeful someone would have a simple fix for this.

dschweers

Reaction score
Took in to dealer because both side mirrors broken. Dealer said its only been 19's breaking and there is no difference. Without an update what is to keep it from doing this again in a couple of years?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had both of mine replaced at different times, the passenger side just made it under warranty. I'm curious if the gears have been upgraded in the replacements? Since both are fixed and working I'm am only folding them when I absolutely have to, don't want them breaking again now that I'm out of warranty. When they break it is not just a matter of them not folding they become loose and not locked into position.

dschweers

Reaction score
Ram cares said there was a clutch that was stuck so if anyone manually moved mirrors they would strip gears. Their is a required replacement so they said something has changed. Don't know how much to believe, just what I was told.

Bobkid

Reaction score
Definitely NOT just a 2019 problem since my 2020 Rebel has the same issue (passenger won’t deploy and driver won’t move either way). Both have had jerky movement since day 1. Mine also is now throwing a CEL code for a short in the driver mirror circuit, so now I’ve got that starring me in the face every time I drive it. This leaves me no option but a dreaded trip to the dealer.

MrBosch

Reaction score
Just came from the dealer, my 2019 is doing the same, quoted me $2000 to replace both mirrors.

Any one tried to replace the mirrors or internals yourself ?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had both of mine replaced at different times, the passenger side just made it under warranty. I'm curious if the gears have been upgraded in the replacements? Since both are fixed and working I'm am only folding them when I absolutely have to, don't want them breaking again now that I'm out of warranty. When they break it is not just a matter of them not folding they become loose and not locked into position.
I fold my mirrors every time the truck is parked, even in our garage. I haven't had either side replaced yet, but they do 'complain' just a little bit when they lock into position (folding out). The passenger side started doing that first, and I had the dealership make a note of it before my OEM warranty expired. I'm not anxious to visit the dealership, but I do have the Mopar Lifetime MaxCare warranty to fall back on ($100 deductible) if they fail down the road.

Edit: Realizing that you posted this a year ago, and the thread was resurrected 7 min ago. Good work on @MrBosch for not starting a new thread, though!

TooTall2003

Reaction score
Both Folding Mirrors started making clicking noise when folding out or in. Sounds like the gears were striping. Sometimes they would work and then not work. Had both mirrors replaced today hope this solves the problem
Were the mirrors replaced out of pocket or did you have a service or manufacturer’s warranty?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had both of mine replaced under warranty, the second one (passenger side) went out just past the warranty but they covered it for me anyway.

CajunHeat

Reaction score
I have had this issue, mirrors clicking and not locking in place, since the first day I bought it. Pretty annoying that I can use the folding mirror function.

Users who are viewing this thread