5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fold down rear seat mod tutorial

Fbird

Reaction score
back part of seat MOVES UP almost 3/4" as you rotate the bottom. When doing the unknown....cut a little...then check...cut more as needed knowing you can cut 3/8" each time and have NO ILL AFFECT.

ocwill1

Reaction score
This release, is there any way to mod up something to release it from top of seat by the headrest. Did something similar to my F150's/F250.. builtrite makes a piece to do it or you can use some paracord and a keyring... I have to look at my seats to see

A-TEAM

Reaction score
You would have to fabricate spring loaded locking tabs to make that work in the ram. Everything is solid and the motion of the bottom seat lifting pushes on the top part of the seat until the tabs can unlock. There is no “latch” just hard mount points and sliders. The other suggestion would be try to source the laramie seat parts ?

ocwill1

Reaction score
You would have to fabricate spring loaded locking tabs to make that work in the ram. Everything is solid and the motion of the bottom seat lifting pushes on the top part of the seat until the tabs can unlock. There is no “latch” just hard mount points and sliders. The other suggestion would be try to source the laramie seat parts ?

I found the pull string, looks like you have to pull to the side, will try to figure out something...

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Has anyone figured a way to mount a rifle/long gun rack behind the rear seat against the firewall?

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
How much room is back there? Might have to be lever action.

I typically only need to put a semi auto shotgun or bolt action rifle in the back seat. It seems like there would be enough room. Just trying to figure out how I would fabricate a bracket.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been tempted to do this, but keep my back seats up often. Always afraid this would cause both back and seat to flop down.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I've been tempted to do this, but keep my back seats up often. Always afraid this would cause both back and seat to flop down.
It will not. I was nervous because I thought the car seat straps for my son's car seat attached to the seat back. They actually attach to the firewall.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
It wont fall back down because after 45* lift the hook starts coming back down again and locks it in. The back will only release when the seat is at a 45* angle so the hooks clear the rails. Full up or full down the hooks are full engaged.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Is it possible that some may be different ? I have a 20 quad cab just trying to do drivers side to access the amp and loc I have back there , I cut the 1 1/2 inch still don’t fold cutoff another 1/2 “ still don’t fold ?? Am I missing something do some not fold ?

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Is it possible that some may be different ? I have a 20 quad cab just trying to do drivers side to access the amp and loc I have back there , I cut the 1 1/2 inch still don’t fold cutoff another 1/2 “ still don’t fold ?? Am I missing something do some not fold ?
Ive never tried this on a quad cab, I've always had the crew cab trucks. The quad cab does have shorter seats so there are differences. Can you post pics of the seat backs and the hooks on a quad cab? Ill try and help to point you in the right direction.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Jus seeing this ,I guess the seats don’t fold I only read the directions not the whole post
The hooks are all in the same place and I cut enough off that they may not not even be touching the truck side hooks
Suck’s my plan was to be able to adjust the amp I got it close but of course just wanna move the dials some more
At least it’s a quick removal being the drivers side is the smaller seat

Users who are viewing this thread