5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog Lights Not working but work when turning

yaksushi

Reaction score
If I try to manually turn on the fog lights "with the headlights on or parking lights on" they do not turn on but I can see the fog lights turn on with I make a turn with the headlights on. What am I missing, is this a bug or am I a moron who doesn't know how to push the fog light button properly?

yaksushi

Reaction score
With your lights are on are the rest of you abot just to push the fog light button and they immediately come on?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you push the fog light button, it can easily be confused with the rear cargo light button.

Last edited:

Shives

Reaction score
Was about to mention that. Fog button is in the middle of the round switch for light. Top portion of you have a cargo switch in that spot too.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions. I'm going to have to bring it in to the dealership. The fog lights work when turning like I stated earlier, they also work if you push the fog light button before turning on the lights. But if the lights are already on and you try to turn the fog lights on they don't turn on... Something is up with the wiring/signal etc.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance you have Tazer installed? If so unmarry the Tazer than remarry tazer to the truck.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

yaksushi

Reaction score
Any chance you have Tazer installed? If so unmarry the Tazer than remarry tazer to the truck.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Had to look up what that was and now I want one. I don't have one hooked up.

Autoplay

Reaction score
again,look at your settings. You can set em as turning light aids,when making a turn at 15 mph or less.

Shives

Reaction score
Turn them off auto, and touch the top button on the touch lights switch. Bottom half is cargo. Does the green light come on the dash?

SVFreddy

Reaction score
My guess is your high beams are on?!?! I found this out over the holiday weekend when I went to the cabin and had to use my high beams, I noticed when I turned lights would come on to aid in the direction of that turn

yaksushi

Reaction score
My guess is your high beams are on?!?! I found this out over the holiday weekend when I went to the cabin and had to use my high beams, I noticed when I turned lights would come on to aid in the direction of that turn
No dealer said it was a bad wiring harness.

Panic Driven

Reaction score
No dealer said it was a bad wiring harness.
How much did it cost for you to get this fixed? I'm having a very similar problem. Keep pressing the button but no light on dash or anything. Randomly at night turning I'll see just the left or right come on randomly. Looking for the "turning light aids" setting now.

Users who are viewing this thread